Garvinque

Smoked Jamaican Jerk Chicken Is Taking Over Manhattan

Not a whole butt, but I've done lots of jerked pork - ribs, chops, and roasts. Something as big as a butt, I'd consider injecting it in addition to slathering the outside. 

If you want to get OTB with it - try some jerked seafood - shrimp, fish (snapper) and lobster are all really tasty. 

• Like 1

Here's a family sauce to tame that heat from the jerked seasoning,

2 cups of fresh or frozen pineapple

2 cups of fresh or frozen mango

1/2 cup to 1 cup of coconut milk

Blend together using as much of the coconut milk as you like, this sauce will go perfect with any jerked foods ( Jerked pork sandwich with a drizzle of the sauce-yum)

Garvin

I normally just go with Walkerswood or Jamaican Country Style (JCS) Boston in a jar. I usually mix a couple of heaping tablespoons (they are both pastes) with dark rum and toss the chicken pieces (or porkchops) into a zip bag overnight. If I really want to amp it up, I dust them with some JCS Boston dry jerk seasoning before putting on the grill - YA MON, Will Light You Up!!  :angryfire:  Better have some frosty Red Stripes on hand! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

I normally just go with Walkerswood or Jamaican Country Style (JCS) Boston in a jar. I usually mix a couple of heaping tablespoons (they are both pastes) with dark rum and toss the chicken pieces (or porkchops) into a zip bag overnight. If I really want to amp it up, I dust them with some JCS Boston dry jerk seasoning before putting on the grill - YA MON, Will Light You Up!!  :angryfire:  Better have some frosty Red Stripes on hand! 

I used to make my own jerk paste from scratch, and then I discovered Walkerswood. Great stuff and definitely brings the heat. Feels like cheatin', though.