Garvinque

$568K House Vs. $10 Million House

Interesting video if you live in LA. Although I live in a high cost of living area relative to the national average, houses and neighborhoods here are nothing like the average LA "densepack" neighborhood. What sold me on my current house was the privacy of the lot, backed into the woods, which was a real find in densely populated suburban DC. The outdoor space wasn't even a consideration in this video unto you got to house 3. So...the biggest takeaway of this video to me is this: Don't buy a house in LA. :)

• Like 1

I thought the first two were white sterile looking crap. The square footage of the first one was getting close to tiny house status. That's more like the square footage of a one bedroom house.  If someone had the money to buy the 3rd one I'm sure they could find something nicer unless the space plan was just what you were looking for but the view was awesome. 

• Like 2

There is a reason I choose to live smack dab in the middle of the country.  I live way under my means.  My brother lives in north east OK and  has a home that exceeds the last "mansion" and he paid way under $10 mil for it.  What those guys call closets I call phone booths.  Not one of my exes could make do with anything that small !  Closets!?  HA!  

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, HalfSmoke said:

So...the biggest takeaway of this video to me is this: Don't buy a house in LA

Not in a million years. My work had a satellite office in Alhambra and I was expected to go down there once a quarter. You would not believe the difference between Northern California and Southern. A whole different world/mindset down there.

• Like 1