CeramicChef

Be It Ever So Humble

Well KKers, I finally fired up Beauty the other day after quite an absence.  I'm trying to rebuild my pantry after an extended absence from home.  I've really missed cooking on the KKs sitting on the patio.  All I had in the freezer was a box of Schwabs Hot Links.  Schwabs is a local company that produces a superior range of products.  

So, without further delay, here is the first cook on a KK in about 7-8 months!

IMG_1883.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

Even wieners are better on the KK! And dare I guess you broke out some Fogo for the occasion? 

As a matter of fact, I did burn some Fogo!  

I am pleasantly surprised that when I came back to OKC and went into my favorite BBQ shop I was met with Fogo in the store.  I talked to them about it and they absolutely LOVE the product.  They have carried Fogo for about the last 5-6 months.  They are the only outlet in Oklahoma.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garvinque said:

Hey CC have you ever had Football Great Earl Campbell's hot links, they are super good?!

Garvin

@Garvinque - yeah!  They are pretty good and I'll eat them every chance I get IF there aren't any Schwab's around.  Schwab;s tend to be a bit spicier, at least to me, and I  like spicy.  I was weaned on Tabasco Sauce.

• Like 1

That's what I thought at first, but I know Ken's taste in food is much better than Schwans! Click on the link in his post, it's a local meat company in OKC. 

Ken, I'd probably be all over their stuff, but a good friend of mine here opened his own sausage shop a couple of years ago. His stuff is top notch, too. If you like spicy, he makes a Moroccan lamb sausage called Merguez made with a spice blend called Berbere. It will "get your attention."

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tony b said:

That's what I thought at first, but I know Ken's taste in food is much better than Schwans! Click on the link in his post, it's a local meat company in OKC. 

Ken, I'd probably be all over their stuff, but a good friend of mine here opened his own sausage shop a couple of years ago. His stuff is top notch, too. If you like spicy, he makes a Moroccan lamb sausage called Merguez made with a spice blend called Berbere. It will "get your attention."

I don't order from Schwans but all the raw meat I've had from there has been good quality.  IMO they get a bad rap for no good reason. 

• Like 1