DennisLinkletter

KK 2017 Grill Lineup

After 14 years this is where I'm at with the KK lineup.  The final grill the 21" Supreme will be shipped later this spring. It's the grill I was trying to build when I created the 22" standing grill which is discontinued. I will also faze out the 19" standing grill.  I believe the new 21" is a great size and price point.

Full Size Standing Grills    Square tiles       Pebble & Bronze metallic tiles
42" Serious Big Bad            $9,200                    $9,460
32" Big Bad                          $5,900                    $6,100 
23" Ultimate                        $4,260                     $4,440
21" Supreme                       $3,500                     $3,620

Table Top Grills

22" Hi-Cap Table Top       $4,120                     $4,280
19" Hi-Cap Table Top       $2,800                     $2,900
16" Hi-Cap Table Top       $2,080                     $2,150 

7KKBase2017.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, 5698k said:

All your grills are spectacular. I have to say though, with all the design innovations, the old flagship 23" is still my personal favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my favorite aesthetically too..  That being said the new 42" also has some wonderful lines.. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

I pretty much only use my 32
If there is only one grill burning.
Love grilling sans glove with the splitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems to be what I've settled into, running with the basket splitter most of the time. True two zone grilling with large hot and cool zones. 

Now that we're empty-nesters for a while, I've been running the splitter in my 23" almost exclusively. Took it out for pizza the other night, but other than that, my last dozen or so cooks have been with the splitter in place.

You really can hide your hand over the unlit side and not feel a thing.

I set out to make a 21" standing grill, exactly between the 23" and 19". I overbuilt it and the 22" grill was born as a mistake.

The 22" is 22"+ left to right and 21" front to rear.    The new 21" is  actually 21" left to right and 20" front to rear.
It does not sound like much difference but this grill will be much smaller as it will also have it's own base not use the 23" grill's rolling base.  I'm hoping to be able to sell the new 21" somewhere around $3600 which was a great price point for the 23" about 8 years ago..

• Like 1

I'm told $3500 to 3600 is much easier to swallow than $4260-4440.   Seems to be a mental barrier there..  The size is also great for a couple. The 19" is really too small to do many full cut cooks easily. 
My experience and feedback is that when one loads up with some accessories and delivered, the new 21"grill will be in the low $4000's making it more accessible or easy to convince wives than just over 5 grand for the original 23". I've believed for a long time that a $3500 -3600 price point for a full size KK would hit a sweet spot.. Time will tell.

BTW the 32" BB for the first time has more web views than the 23".  I attribute this to the release of the 42" which confirms the 32" is not too large and makes selling it to the Mrs... MUCH easier.  "Honey, I'm not getting the big one!"  Suddenly the 32" is a compromise ;-) 

• Like 4

I'm told $3500 to 3600 is much easier to swallow than $4260-4440.   Seems to be a mental barrier there..  The size is also great for a couple. The 19" is really too small to do many full cut cooks easily. 
My experience and feedback is that when one loads up with some accessories and delivered, the new 21"grill will be in the low $4000's making it more accessible or easy to convince wives than just over 5 grand for the original 23". I've believed for a long time that a $3500 -3600 price point for a full size KK would hit a sweet spot.. Time will tell.
BTW the 32" BB for the first time has more web views than the 23".  I attribute this to the release of the 42" which confirms the 32" is not too large and makes selling it to the Mrs... MUCH easier.  "Honey, I'm not getting the big one!"  Suddenly the 32" is a compromise ;-) 

It's much easy to swallow for the non U.S market as well

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I have always been a big fan of 2 zone cooking.  It was the reason I started my journey in kamado cooking with the oval shaped ceramic brand.

However,  I have to admit I stopped using the Jr. oval once I started cooking on the KK 19".   Giving the Jr. to my son-in-law this spring.

To my liking the 42" Serious Big Bad is two zone cooking on steroids.  I will own one of those beauties in the near future.  It will replace the oval XL, which will go to my neighbor & childhood friend.

I have been drooling over the 42" ever since Dennis told me about it and sent some pictures.  

We are pouring a concrete pad and building a gazebo roof for it this summer  (my buddy next door has really supportive :-D).

Dang...........if my daughter had only eloped instead of having that big wedding.......I would be cooking on it today!!!!!!!   

However......I did get a great son-in-law out of the deal...........and the deal we made is.......that he can't give her back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Well since you put it like that  i guess i can see it that way 

Well i am definitely in those views of the 32 lol that is going to be in my future down line have to save my pennies for sure 

and yes it does make it much easier to sell to wife indeed