MacKenzie

Philips Air Fryer

I have had the T-Fal and I really loved it when I first got it but then I bought a Philips air fryer and I finally gave my  T-Fal  away. Right now I have a Philips air fryer a cooks  essential  air fryer with rotisserie, and also an XL pro. Needless to say I really like Air fryers LOL

Mac;  Phillips makes a flat grill pan that slips into the Philips air fryer.  You take the basket out and put the grill pan in instead.  That might be something you want to look into it would be a lot easier to flip your sandwiches. I can send you a picture what it looks like if you want me too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I have had the T-Fal and I really loved it when I first got it but then I bought a Philips air fryer and I finally gave my  T-Fal  away. Right now I have a Philips air fryer a cooks  essential  air fryer with rotisserie, and also an XL pro. Needless to say I really like Air fryers LOL

Mac;  Phillips makes a flat grill pan that slips into the Philips air fryer.  You take the basket out and put the grill pan in instead.  That might be something you want to look into it would be a lot easier to flip your sandwiches. I can send you a picture what it looks like if you want me too.

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your post. :) :smt023 :smt023

All this air fryer talk got me into the play mode so decided to do potato wedges for breakfast. 

I did as Tony did, cook the wedges first, put 1T of vinegar into the boiling water with the potatoes.

When they were done let the steaming potatoes cool down and dry off a little then added 1.5t of Red Palm Oil. Made sure all sides were coated then added them to the air fryer.

Ready for the fryer.

58fcbe751ac0f_ReadytoAirFry.thumb.jpg.d22e8c77cc68998529bff86bec261cb2.jpg

375F for 10 mins.

58fcbe9d0bcb1_PotatoWedges.thumb.jpg.5c61c3de9b895efa10773c6587f4d010.jpg

Plated. They were very crispy and tasty.

58fcc2b6c06e7_PotatoWedgiesBreakfast1.thumb.jpg.0c1f934db21a594d6617342b036ce05e.jpg

No wonder I needed something special for breakfast, we had a little snow overnight.

Chives.thumb.jpg.891abfde22b5b75b58e6cb322c048310.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie

Thanks, Bruce. I had been toying with the idea of getting that pan for the fryer down the road. Not sure about that double rack with the kabobs, though. Doubt that I'd use that one?

Nice job on the spuds, MacKenzie. Might have to give the palm oil a try. But, isn't is supposed to be really unhealthy? (Says the guy who cooks with duck fat! :evil4:)

Well, I did some countertop rearranging and made room for the fryer. The old Cuisinart coffee pot, that I rarely use anymore (only when I have house guests and need to make extra cups), went to the basement. 

• Like 1

@ Tony- I found this in a document from the Dr. OZ show-

Regarded as a sacred healing food by many civilizations, including the ancient Egyptians, crude or virgin red palm fruit oil should be regarded as one of the most nutritious edible oils in the world. It is not to be confused with palm kernel oil. It is derived from the fruit of the oil palm tree (Elaeis guineensis) and is referred to as "red palm oil" because of its rich dark red color in its unprocessed natural state. Palm kernel oil is derived from the seed or the kernel.

Whether it’s olive, coconut, almond, canola, peanut, safflower, walnut, or even avocado oil – none compare to the powerful nutritional virtues of virgin organic red palm fruit oil. 

Palm fruit oil contains mainly palmitic and oleic acids and is about 50% saturated, while palm kernel oil contains mainly lauric acid and is more than 89% saturated. The health benefits are only achieved due to the red color of the palm fruit oil that is attributed to its high content of carotenes, which include beta-carotene and lycopene. These powerhouse antioxidant nutrients are the same ones that give tomatoes and carrots and other fruits and vegetables their rich red and orange colors. What may shock you is that red palm fruit oil contains more that tomatoes or carrots. Red palm fruit oil is also densely packed with numerous tocotrienols – a powerful form of vitamin E. 

This maybe why you think think palm oil is unhealthy-

Processed palm oil does not contain cholesterol and behaves like hydrogenated fats (the dangerous trans-fatty acids) in packaged foods since it has “thickness” at room temperature. This makes it ideal for many food manufacturers to use in place of hydrogenated oils in their snack products. Processed foods can then be advertised as being "trans fat free" and "cholesterol free”. But, when red palm oil is refined and processed, the red color disappears and its nutritional and healing benefits are destroyed. Once it becomes part of a processed snack food, it no longer features the health benefits and powerful antioxidants found only in the raw palm oil.  

• Like 1

Tony, have you tried wedges from raw yet?  I did a batch yesterday and liked the results, although more crispy on the outside would have been a bonus, the inside was a nice textiure, kind of creamy feel in the mouth. 
I did use the Red Palm oil and 375Ffor 17 mins.

Potato Wedges from Raw.jpg

• Like 1

Not yet, MacKenzie. Just bought a new bag of spuds today at the market. Now, to go find that red palm oil. I have a couple of local spots to try looking for it. Hope to score some for the weekend cooks. Gotta try those new Taz peppercorns, too! So many wonderful cooks to experiment with - no wonder I'm seriously overweight!