Jon B.

New Pancake Cooker

Every July 4th for the last 25 years,  we have a Champagne Breakfast and feed around 100 people.  I'm in charge of the pancakes.  

Can never seem to keep pace with my buddy who cooks the eggs (he was a short order cook in college).

I was planning on adding another electric griddle to try and keep up..................until I saw this on sale at BJ's Wholesale Club, 

This summer I will be kicking his "cracking two eggs.......one handed"...... butt..................................:-D

Blackstone.thumb.jpeg.b4378b146a6d464a5e89e45a64467e60.jpeg

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 6

Every July 4th for the last 25 years,  we have a Champagne Breakfast and feed around 100 people.  I'm in charge of the pancakes.  
Can never seem to keep pace with my buddy who cooks the eggs (he was a short order cook in college).
 I was planning on adding another electric griddle to try and keep up..................until I saw this on sale at BJ's Wholesale Club, 
This summer I will be kicking his "cracking two eggs.......one handed"...... butt..................................:-D
 Blackstone.thumb.jpeg.b4378b146a6d464a5e89e45a64467e60.jpeg

Tony

That is truly new..need to season it well. I've had one for a while and it is a great compliment to the KK. Your out door kitchen is really taking shape!

Jim
Obanker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

We seasoned and then fired up the new pancake cooker this weekend to test out the temperature regulation. Did a nice Sunday morning breakfast of bacon, fried potatoes and eggs.

Learned a lot.  Temp control was easy using the handheld infrared temperature gun.  Need lots of extra table space.  Make sure the cooker is level.  All the grease puddled up in the back of the grill and it was like deep frying the potatoes and bacon.......however the over-easy eggs were fantastic cooked in the bacon grease.   Need lots of paper towels and some spray cleaner. 

I have to say it was fun to cook on it.  Not used to cooking with so much grease/oil/butter vs. grilling......glad it is not for everyday cooking.  After cooking three food groups at once, pancakes should be a breeze!!!

Those Champagne Breakfast egg cookers will not know what hit them this year!!!!!!!

Grease2.thumb.jpeg.49cf83fd6e78cd856c8a22f9346be2bc.jpeg

Grease1.thumb.jpeg.eca7061bd79b3609f0e9680c539e5a3d.jpeg  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jon B. said:

however the over-easy eggs were fantastic cooked in the bacon grease.

Only way to cook eggs! I keep a jar of bacon grease right by my stove, just like my Momma did! She didn't raise no fool - well, at least not in the kitchen! :laughing6:

• Like 1