Keith OctoForks

Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs ...BBQ cooked on

4 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Beautiful! Have been planning to spin some chicken Shawarma on the OctoForks. Will be extremely happy if mine comes out looking like that. 

Chicken thighs sure flops around when they're first on but as it starts to cook and tighten up it looks great.    I might try this sometime, I like how they use the skewers to help hold it together.   When I do it I'll try my stainless steel skewers and see how that works. 

If you do yours similar to this I'd reverse the claws so they face inward. That should give you some good grab and skewers you could slide through the slots in the spreader bar.   Thoughts?

I love that charcoal they use too!

Edited by Keith OctoForks
  • Like 1

My next shawarma cook won't be that large, so I think I could do it similar to your spin with great results. HOWEVER, I do have a number of guests coming for my "Make Memorial Day Great Again!" event and have offered up Shawarma as one of the menu items. So far no takers, but that's only because they have no idea how awesome Shawarma is. I like your idea for a bigger spin. A couple of metal skewers through the slots, book ended by inward forks makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

My next shawarma cook won't be that large, so I think I could do it similar to your spin with great results. HOWEVER, I do have a number of guests coming for my "Make Memorial Day Great Again!" event and have offered up Shawarma as one of the menu items. So far no takers, but that's only because they have no idea how awesome Shawarma is. I like your idea for a bigger spin. A couple of metal skewers through the slots, book ended by inward forks makes a lot of sense. 

I was thinking of trying pork tenderloins as one schwarma.  Since it's fairly round it could work. It might give a consistent shape after they're sliced and flattened.