churchi

Site Upgraded | 2017-04-15 | IPB: 4.1.19.2

Thanks!

Have a question/problem. Recently I started getting email notices in my Gmail account, via Tapatalk, anytime someone "likes" a post or "quotes" me. Filling up my inbox. How do I turn that off? Is it through this Forum, through Tapatalk, or Gmail? I went looking at the Settings in all 3 and didn't see anything that jumped out at me as a switch that I could just turn off.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tony b said:

Thanks!

Have a question/problem. Recently I started getting email notices in my Gmail account, via Tapatalk, anytime someone "likes" a post or "quotes" me. Filling up my inbox. How do I turn that off? Is it through this Forum, through Tapatalk, or Gmail? I went looking at the Settings in all 3 and didn't see anything that jumped out at me as a switch that I could just turn off.

Tony try this go to your Account>account settings then notifications then you should have a screen with how you handle notifications see if the email notification is checked ect if this isnt the ans then churchi might be able to take care of it on back end

Thanks churchi for all you do much appreciated

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stile88 said:

Tony try this go to your Account>account settings then notifications then you should have a screen with how you handle notifications see if the email notification is checked ect if this isnt the ans then churchi might be able to take care of it on back end

Thanks churchi for all you do much appreciated

I think that I found it. Fingers crossed. 

@MacKenzie - it's here in your Forum Account settings. At the top by your profile name, click the down triangle to get the pull down menu. Then, under Account Settings. On that screen, over on the right hand side, is a box with Other Settings listed. In that list is "Notification Settings." Click that. There's 2 columns, on for Notifications here in the Forum and the second column is for Email. I just toggled off all the email ones that were green. So, we'll see if that works. Again, fingers crossed! 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, tony b said:

Thanks, but need some more info - which software (Forum, Tapatalk, or Gmail) do I look under? 

not sure what you mean by software your notifications settings are general to forum and in the notifications page i guess you would call it you either check or uncheck the box on that page

Edited by Stile88

2 hours ago, tony b said:

I think that I found it. Fingers crossed. 

@MacKenzie - it's here in your Forum Account settings. At the top by your profile name, click the down triangle to get the pull down menu. Then, under Account Settings. On that screen, over on the right hand side, is a box with Other Settings listed. In that list is "Notification Settings." Click that. There's 2 columns, on for Notifications here in the Forum and the second column is for Email. I just toggled off all the email ones that were green. So, we'll see if that works. Again, fingers crossed! 

sorry i should of been more specific lol glad you found it and i hope this works out for you it should though

3 hours ago, tony b said:

getting the emails to my gmail account via TapaTalk every time someone "likes" my post

here is what a user posted last year not sure if this will work or not or what you have done in tapatalk but in your tapatalk settings this is what this peep did

OK I found the setting. After I turned everything off on these forums I still couldn't get it to stop. However I missed a setting because it looks like it's part of a picture and not an actual setting. Here's where to go.
Click on your profile pic at the top right, and select Follow Stream it as a gear next to it. Under that you see a picture that has Destop, Mobile, and Instant Email. Well for me under Instant Email the comments and Forums was checked. I've attached an image to show you how blind I was.

185936d1436538537t-tapatalk-email-update

Edited by Stile88
  • Like 1