Sanny

Resurrection

Long lost?  Back from the (electronic) dead?  Missing, presumed eaten?

Hi all!  It's Sanny!  xo  I was cooking (on the Mexi-K) this weekend and realized I've been out of touch.   

Smoooch!

I'll post something substantive in a proper section (not the Welcome area).  But I'm sort of re-new, right?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tony b said:

Welcome back, Sanny. We've missed you, too! :smt006

Holy Cow, the old Mexi-K POSK is still working?? INCREDIBLE! 

Hey, Tony.  Yup.  My Mexi-K is working fine.  All tiles still intact and everything!  I probably shouldn't have said that - they'll all jump off tomorrow.  And I know better than to remove the firebox thingy below the lump basket.  Nope.  Not touching that.

I might need new Johnnyboy Jammies for it.  Jammies are holding up well, of course, but they're looking a bit manky after so many years in the weather.  :dog:

You will have to go Plan B on new Johnnyboy Jammies. We haven't heard from him in a very long time. I might have gotten one of the last ones he made and I've had mine for a good 5 years now. Dennis makes similar covers (sunbrella) for the KK now. I'm sure it would fit on the Mexi-K but might be a bit floppy in spots, given the difference in shape.

Wish that I had more news for you, but sorry, no. Some folks come and go, but I haven't heard anything from him in years. 

I miss a lot of the old friends on the old Forum - I learned so much from them. Back in it's heyday, it was something special. But now, we have here, which is even more amazing - just as great members, but without RJ running roughshod over the posts and banning folks left and right. 

Glad to have you back in the Family, Sanny!

18 minutes ago, Keith OctoForks said:

I have a new Eskie an mine looks very close to your avatar!  I'm on my third one  

Happy for you!  I lost my Annie last month to lymphoma. Eskies are a riot.  I have had one and a half. The other half was a German shorthaired pointer. Talk about a confused dog! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sanny said:

Happy for you!  I lost my Annie last month to lymphoma. Eskies are a riot.  I have had one and a half. The other half was a German shorthaired pointer. Talk about a confused dog! 

One I lost a few years ago to lung cancer and my other sweet boy to some other type of cancer 7 months ago.  It's soooo hard.  With my last sweet boy it was a Sunday and he was dying fast and knew i'd have to put him down right away Monday morning. It's hard to find eskies around here and through some kind of divine intervention just so happened to find a last of a litter on some obscure ad online.    Now I have a mixed goofy girl and a 1 year old sweet white little fur ball.    My boys were standards and the new eskie girl is a miniature but I wouldn't trade her for the world!

SANNY!!!  So good to see you back.. You have definitely been missed.  I just looked and you were here for a day in July 2016 but then before that was June 2013  We have lost early forum posts when we changed software a couple times but I have you going back to at least 2006.  Please don't disappear again..   Soo much has changed..  KK is no longer the the Little Engine that Could..

DENNIS!!!  HAPPY!!!! I've missed visiting on the boards, too.  I didn't realize how much, until I logged back in and remembered the joy of playing with all of you.    

I've not forgotten YOU (individually or collectively), either!  I'm trying to encourage a work colleague to invest in your creation.  Alas, he's a young fellow, and has just bought a house.  I expect he'll be on a "Smokey Joe" for the foreseeable future.  But SOMEDAY...!  I sent him a photo of a KK, and he drooled.  Obviously, he has exquisite taste.

For those following along at home, Mother is doing well.  She's 84 this year, and has tracked down the last of the heroes who liberated her from the concentration camp in China after WWII.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3712872/A-kiss-71-years-making-American-prisoner-war-meets-thanks-Chinese-man-rescued-1500-Japanese-Second-World-War-camp-searching-18-years.html

• Like 1