Garvinque

Sourdough Pizza Crust

I will try this recipe this weekend starting Saturday and cooking on Sunday.

Sourdough Pizza Crust:

400 Grams KA all purpose flour

50 Grams Sourdough Starter- Whole Wheat

7 Grams of Salt

280 Grams of Warm Water

Hoping for a 70% Hydration with this formula, mix everything together until well incorporated cover and let sit for 18hrs. Make dough balls after the 18hr fermentation cycle and either let rise a second time and use or place in fidge for additional 48hrs. Any suggestion's is welcome.

Garvin

1 minute ago, Garvinque said:

Have been feeding with a 100% hydration 1 cup flour to 1/2 cup water, should I cut that or leave it for the recipe I listed?

Garvin

Leave it, but weigh your water and flour so you know it really is 100%. Cup measurements of flour vary a lot. You might want to do the last feeding before making dough with AP flour, or make a levain for your pizza using your starter and all AP flour.

If you want 70% Hydration, consider this instead:

• 250 grams of levain
  • 375 grams of AP flour
  • 10 grams of salt (2%, which is pretty typical for pizza) 
  • 225 grams of water

This will make 2 large or 3 individual sized dough balls. 

Consider using your starter to make an overnight levain. Take 50 grams of your 100% hydration starter and mix with 100g of AP and 100g of water the night before. This is the levain you'll use the next morning. You could then mix Forkish style: mix water, salt and levain, then add the flour. Knead a bit, then let bulk rise for three hours. Cut and shape your dough balls, then let proof for another five hours. Make pizza.

• Like 2