GASMAN

First pizza cook

This is the third time cooking anything in the KK and thought I would try some pizzas...store bought dough from a local Italian bakery at 1$ a pizza...heat soaked stone to 500 for about 45 min...seemed the appropriate temp although took a little longer to bake....probably because I was opening every 5 min...about 15 min total...1 plain and 1 with carmelized onion and leftover smoked chicken from my 1st cook...turned out great..KK held temp despite multie openings...some pics

20170426_163311_001.jpg

• Like 4

Pizza looks good. A great first attempt. 

But 15 minutes for a normal thinner crust is 2-3 times too long. I basically agree with @tony b  upper rack and way more heat soak time. I would go as long as 2 hours. Just crank the KK up when you get home and let it ride for a long while. My guess is that stone was nowhere near 500* otherwise the bottom would be half burnt at 15 minutes especially if the dough  had any sugar or oil in it  which I'm sure it did if it was store bought. 

• Like 2