Pascalpro

Cedar planked stuffed salmon

OK, besides what kind of salmon, what's in the stuffing - crab, rice, red onion, parsley (chervil?)

Its Atlantic salmon, sorry for the lack of details Tony lol. Shrimp, pollock, mayo, bread crumbs. Monterey jack, rice and a bunch of spice like garlic powder and paprika

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sweet. Looks seriously tasty.

So, I was pretty close. I like planked salmon; plus I have alderwood chips from Fruita woods for cold smoking. I eagerly await the Copper River salmon every summer. Surprisingly, my local market gets it, Yes, here in Iowa. Nothing better! 

• Like 2

Sweet. Looks seriously tasty. So, I was pretty close. I like planked salmon; plus I have alderwood chips from Fruita woods for cold smoking. I eagerly await the Copper River salmon every summer. Surprisingly, my local market gets it, Yes, here in Iowa. Nothing better!  

I use to go fish my own back in Nova Scotia... too bad now I'm too far! 

41 minutes ago, Pascalpro said:

I use to go fish my own back in Nova Scotia... too bad now I'm too far! 

Which river in NS did you fish? I can remember overlooking a salmon pool from the bridge about the St. Mary's River. It was amazing to see the huge salmon below. A sight that I have never forgotten in a good many years.;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Sweet. Looks seriously tasty.

So, I was pretty close. I like planked salmon; plus I have alderwood chips from Fruita woods for cold smoking. I eagerly await the Copper River salmon every summer. Surprisingly, my local market gets it, Yes, here in Iowa. Nothing better! 

Copper River salmon are over the top. I to go to the Pacific Northwest every summer for training when they're running. Fantastic salmon!

There's a restaurant in the Portland Oregon airport that serves it for anyone who wants to fly in, try it, and fly out. Makes for a fun afternoon.

• Like 1