Garvinque

$6 Cocktail Vs. $208 Cocktail

I'm not a big cocktail kind of guy.  I like quality whiskey neat.  My everyday sipping' whiskey is Woodford Double Oaked. I don't do fufu drinks that get set on fire. Ever. How do you think I ended up bald!? :shock:  I gave up on Scotch when it got so ridiculously expensive.  That these guys adulterate MacAllan Scotch by mixing it with anything is beyond a sacrilege.  These three guys are a putz apiece!  Just give me my whiskey neat.  

Given that an Old Fashioned is Bourbon-based, if I have to drink a mixed drink, I'll take the Old Fashioned any time.  

I'm with the two of you. :drinkers:

My "go to" is beer (Hey, I'm a homebrewer after all!), but I do enjoy a good whiskey - bourbon, rye, or single malt scotch, either neat or on a single large rocks if it's cask strength. And, I swill a lot of wine with meals. My only regular cocktails are bloody mary's, margaritas and G&Ts (which I live on during the summers!).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tony b said:

I'm with the two of you. :drinkers:

My "go to" is beer (Hey, I'm a homebrewer after all!), but I do enjoy a good whiskey - bourbon, rye, or single malt scotch, either neat or on a single large rocks if it's cask strength. And, I swill a lot of wine with meals. My only regular cocktails are bloody mary's, margaritas and G&Ts (which I live on during the summers!).

I must agree.  A good bourbon, rye or scotch neat for me!  I had a super bowl party at my house and I told my guests if I saw anybody mixing by bourbons, ryes or scotch with anything, they would immediately be asked to leave.  The only cocktail that I drink regularly would be gin and tonics.  I do like a sazerac cocktail on a rare occasion.  I do also love my beer.  That is why I keep four homebrews on tap at all times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tony b said:

Oops, almost forgot - The Derby is this Saturday, so I will be drinking Mint Juleps! But, that's a once a year thing. 

I've been to the Preakness a few times in my younger days (when I lived in MD). Always setup camp infield with grill and all. One year not sure I even saw a horse but I did see the bottom of a bottle or two - LOL 

• Like 3