Tangles

Hello from Australia

1 hour ago, tangles163 said:

Hahaha - and why not. We have the best weather, beaches, lifestyle and dare I say people lol... the BBQ and outdoor lifestyle is suited to the KK crowd. 

4 years from now when my son graduates college and is set in a career path me and Mrs skreef are going to visit @Aussie Ora, no worries were going to visit you too - LOL. And hopefully another Aussie KK owner or two along the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

4 years from now when my son graduates college and is set in a career path me and Mrs skreef are going to visit @Aussie Ora, no worries were going to visit you too - LOL. And hopefully another Aussie KK owner or two along the way. 

For sure. That sounds great. This is a pic of one of our local beaches

Beach.jpg

• Like 2

If you like tech stuff then I recommend the Flame Boss wifi version. You can share cooks like the one below.
https://myflameboss.com/cooks/81577
I bought the Flame Boss controller and the BBQ Guru fan as the KK fan slot is designed for the BBQ Guru and not the Flame Boss fan. The guru fan plugs right into the flame boss controller without modifications.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Great tip Winston just saved someone scratching their head lol and a free rub recipe as well

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

4 years from now when my son graduates college and is set in a career path me and Mrs skreef are going to visit [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention], no worries were going to visit you too - LOL. And hopefully another Aussie KK owner or two along the way. 

Sounds good Charles I will get the tent ready for ya lol

• Like 1

RIght - that makes sense. I looked at this last night and the Flame Boss does seem like the most techie of the lot of them. I wondered about the fan. Will contact them to see if they ship to Australia

Have a look at the smart fire it's aussie made and has some great reviews. https://smartfirebbq.com/products/smartfire-bbq-controller

Hey that does look good. Wonder is it fits the KK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It says you need a BBQ guru pit adapter so no reason why not .I personally don't use one once I set up Ora I just walk away go to the shops what ever because these things remain rock solid no spikes in temp it's amazing and they are so intuative it Wil blow your mind but I like this being able to control via the net

• Like 1

Okay names.... So after confirming with Dennis that Komodo was named after the Komodo Dragon, I thought I would use a dragon/reptile name.  As mentioned, the KK reminds me of Antoni Gaudi's art pieces in Spain. So... I am thinking "El Drac" as the name for my KK. El Drac is popular name given to Gaudi's multi colour mosaic salamander in Park Guell in Barcelona. 

My boys wanted to call it Norbert after a Harry Potter dragon. 

El Drac in Barcelona below

120_2057.JPG

• Like 4