erik6bd

Pork belly burnt ends & spachcock chicken

Looks pretty perfect to me, nice job!

How long does it take for your KK to cool down? I had it going 350!then shut everything down at 3pm now 8 hours later it's still at 75. Wounded if it's because I left the guru fan controller plugged in the port?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How long does it take for your KK to cool down? I had it going 350!then shut everything down at 3pm now 8 hours later it's still at 75. Wounded if it's because I left the guru fan controller plugged in the port?

Some nice cooks mate cooling down that's just the nature of the beast once this thing gets heat soaked it wants to stay you need to start planning some desserts to take advantage of the heat lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erik6bd said:

Just about any air opening can keep it going at a low rate. I have encountered that issue with forgetting to replace the plug for the temperature probe and also the door on the back can get pushed out a little from pressure closing the lid. That is also a good place to check if your temperature creeps up a bit and there are no other obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Just about any air opening can keep it going at a low rate. I have encountered that issue with forgetting to replace the plug for the temperature probe and also the door on the back can get pushed out a little from pressure closing the lid. That is also a good place to check if your temperature creeps up a bit and there are no other obvious reasons.

You are dead right Steve just a slither of an opening and it will keep going that's the beauty off it

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 1:49 AM, erik6bd said:

excellent job everything you cook on kk will be the most moist food you ever make ...

i consider mine cooled down if its below 200 when i hit 175 i put cover on and go to 2nd position and open top vent because of how thick the kk is its takes a long time to go to 0 especially when its heat sinked

• Like 1