DennisLinkletter

Lots of New Teak & Stainless Cabinets in Stock

This cabinet is just what I needed and looks awesome.  Just got the cover for it and now I'll be protected from the elements.

Never one to skip a challenge, when I saw the empty crate I wondered what I could do with it besides trash it.  It occurred to me that I could use some pull-out shelves in the cabinet like some of you have, only you bought them with the cabinet.  I was able to salvage wood from almost all of the crate, plane it down and cut it to size to make two shelves.  They are on full extension slides and I lined each with a sheet of brushed stainless, like the top of the cabinet.  It was more work that I had intended and of course it took longer than I wanted, but it wasn't too expensive and I think it looks ok.  Certainly not furniture quality and I had to make some compromises to stick within my inventory of salvaged wood and I am proud to say I only needed to buy 1 piece of 2x2 and I had another on hand to make the cleats to mount the slides on, inside the cabinet.

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

Edited by Smokydave
  • Like 4