Hi all, I've not been here for a while.

I've moved house and my KK is now on a high balcony with a glass balustrade. My problem is I'm in New Zealand and we're living in a very active earthquake zone. Our last big earthquake, for example, was a 7.8 last November which was strong enough to break concrete foundations down our road (we're on poles). So my question is, is there a way to lock the wheels on the KK?

Otherwise I'll have to look to building some time of (ugly) frame around the wheels.

Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge @Mark from New Zealand, i dont believe there is a way to lock the stock wheels. Maybe you can make a few small wedges to wedge on both sides of the wheels to stop them moving?

I have done that with mine just in case it decides to take off.

I also dont think @DennisLinkletter sells an upgrade on the wheels to have a locking capability in them. Maybe because the KK's are quite heavy that the lock that could be put in them would not be strong enough to hold the weight of the KK should it decide to move.

I think it's time for some of that kiwi injuniity lol. Seriously hope you don't have another quake as you know the wheels are hidden so a locking mechanism is not practical and would look like crap. I have a 23 and move it around it has its own parking spot and I roll it into position on game day .was thinking the other day what if I had to replace a wheel what a drama that would be lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I used toilet shims under each wheel to prevent mine from accidentally rolling if someone leaned on the grill or something. Not sure that they are earthquake rated, though ;)

https://www.amazon.com/PlumbPak-Toilet-Leveling-Shims-White/dp/B00PCHP79A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494869360&sr=8-1&keywords=toilet+shims

If you have a wood deck surface, you might be able to make a small cleat from a 2x4 that you could put behind the wheels on whatever side it's likely to move.

Edited by cschaaf

The issue is that the castors are buried up in the wheel wells and no access to them.  

I never came up with a leg design that gave access to the wheels to make them locking that was not fugly.
99% of customers use them on a flat surface or should use them on a flat surface so it's usually not an issue.

I would think it would just roll back and forth in a big earthquake.  

• Like 2

On 5/15/2017 at 9:40 PM, FotonDrv said:

4 hockey pucks with recesses cut out of the center , maybe with a lathe, and lift one leg at a time and slip the pick under it.

Or use the suggestion of Google, there are similar one there.

I wonder how many hockey pucks are floating around NZ? Mark might use up all 4 of them for this project ;)