MacKenzie

OctoForks Drum Sticks and.....

It has been an interesting morning right from the word go.

First thing looked out the kitchen window to see two bird feeders ripped right off the poles hangers included. So I checked the motion detection pixs from over night. Saw a raccoon and I thought I had seen the last of them for a while. Imagine my face when I opened one of the emails to see this-

Bear.thumb.jpg.3bf19a40d1cde57c47ddc9570a8f8613.jpg

Spent and hour doing repairs and hanging things back up.

It was a beautiful sunny morning so time to remove some of the winter shutters in the ODK.

591c9a4452c55_ShuttersOff.thumb.jpg.702cf7217669c2a6ad07ed2162ed3dce.jpg

It feels some nice to be looking out the windows while cooking on the KK. I did leave the shutters up on the other half just for a little bit long.

Time to play, marinated some drum sticks in Frank's Red Hot Sauce the put them on the OctoForks to spin.

591c9adfbba73_4ChickenDrumsticks.thumb.jpg.f6bb47af13e94d75e5921dc43a50acca.jpg

Cooked.

591c9ae28d9d6_DrumsticksCooked.thumb.jpg.02c06840df2b728010b6ce1bee0b2e8d.jpg

Plated, as always the chicken meat was sooooo juicy and tasty, thanks to the KK.:)

591c9ae5e9d97_DrumSticksPlated.thumb.jpg.53ffa9254f6f733e6ddf71323927afef.jpg

• Like 4

@ Paul, I don't believe it's code but with critters running around I think my carpenter used the best protection just in case those squirrels take a liking to the cable. :)

Maybe I should fill my picnic basket with the bear. ;) All quiet last night, thank goodness.:) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tony b said:

Have to say a big "THANK YOU" to MacKenzie for tempting me with those air fryer cooks to the point of buying one! :salute: I'm liking it a lot. Did a batch of egg rolls in it the other night. Came out great! 

I am so glad you like it Tony. :-D  I am using mine a lot more than I ever thought I would, baked potatoes, onion rings,  frozen fries and the other day I warmed up some chicken thighs that were previously cooked on the KK. 

First, it was turkeys. Tonight this lovely lady showed up in the same spot in the neighbor's yard.

5920e1bde9d09_DeerinRaysYard.thumb.jpg.46eb4bd39c40574419dd13bb00e0bbb7.jpg

Surprised she was solo. This time of year, you expect fawns with the does. 

At least there was Purple Crack Jerk Chicken for dinner. Cooked over Pimento wood chunks, leaves and allspice berries. 

20170520_183559.thumb.jpg.719c3672324946e40bcf651f117df2ef.jpg

Ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille!

20170520_183554.thumb.jpg.69cf5aec19fe7e02e7fe5f385d5b0efd.jpg

If you look to the right, you can see my hop plant trying to take over! It's growing so fast now, you can almost see it grow - like bamboo! It's growing like 3" - 4" a day!!

Tony, you sure get to take pixs of lots of wildlife right from you deck, awesome.:) That jerk chicken is looking pretty delicious. :) :smt023:smt023 That is just what I need a hop plant, now to locate one. :) This time of the year it is fantastic to see grow. I have some leaf lettuce just up and had to cover it as we are due to have frost tonight. 

MacKenzie, hops are started from rhizomes. They are available in early Spring from many online sources or your local homebrew supply shop. Probably too late to start one this year. And, it takes 3 years to mature. The first year you won't see much above ground growth at all, as it's building root structure. Second year, you will start to get bines, but not many cones. Third year is the charm. My plant is 7 or 8 years old now and still going strong. 

• Like 2