FotonDrv

All Weather Cooking

Having a covered patio on which to cook makes for fun all year long.  Something it takes multiple layers of clothing because of the snow.  I it does snow and I want to have a long cook with multiple things to stuff into the KK then I start a fire in the pit so I can warm myself further if necessary.

The doggy loves the snow.

FotonDrv

We buy ling cod every time we can get it here in the east. I usually buy the whole fish, and cut it up in steaks, which we vacuum pack and freeze. Here is one that we bought right off the fishermans boat. This was in Stevenson B.C. last year when we visited our son in Vancouver. They also had fresh black cod. It is more flaky than ling cod and a lot more oily. I am surprised that you can't get it in your area as it is fished off the coast of British Columbia and Alaska. Like you said, maybe some day you will get lucky. You won't forget the experience. ling.thumb.jpg.073581b9db38df5c7de54c736b503677.jpg

• Like 1

We might be able to get it in Seattle somewhere but on this side of the Puget Sound only fresh albacore or salmon seems possible.  Buttermouth Perch when we lived on the coast was also a real treat from a days fishing at the beach.

And cooking that Black Cod in the snow means you don't have flies with which to contend :-)

Edited by FotonDrv