Garvinque

Is this an American thing/Northeast thing?

A total abomination! :pukeright: That kid is smart for his age! 

I'm with Syz, a dash of Sriracha. Never tried Harissa on eggs, but it should work fine. I like Pimenton (Smoked Paprika) and now the Purple Crack! Before Sriracha, I'd occasionally put hot sauce on them, but didn't care for the vinegar base all that much. I'm a Franks over Tabasco guy for that reason. 

• Like 1

I'm totally down with Shakshuka (eggs poached in a tomato based sauce with peppers and potatoes), it's just that, for me, most commercial ketchup has way too much sugar (in reality - high fructose corn syrup) in them. It has it's place in the kitchen, but on eggs is definitely NOT one of them. JMHO

Growing up we never had ketchup in the house. My parents said ketchup was an excuse for a poor cook so I never acquired a taste for it. However I've seen some beautiful cooks accompanied with ketchup posted here. To each their own.

• Like 1

I grew up in the SE where ketchup was the universal lubricant but I had to go away to prep school before I ever saw someone put it on eggs.

So I guess it's a NE thing. Unless it rubs off my hash browns onto my eggs it's not something I've developed a taste for.

• Like 1