Pauli Girl

Hello from Napa

Congratulations and Welcome to the KK Family! Can't wait for you to post pictures of it when it arrives (hint, hint!)

What size KK did you get? I'm assuming that you didn't get a table top version, based upon your question.

Because of the weight of these grills, they should be on a patio, deck, etc.  (i.e., a good solid surface) and not on the grass or gravel, or even pavers. 

Thank you for the responses.

Here's some pics of possible places.  The concrete slab (rv parking area) is at a slight tilt so was rethinking that.  The area by the fence and small patio set is hard-packed gravel but rethinking that.  There is a concrete pad under the long table.

pic 1.JPG

pic 2.JPG

pic 3.JPG

pic 4.JPG

pic 5.JPG

Hey thanks for the responses.

I was going to put it in the side yard ...put in a little concrete pad for it....was afraid that the smoke would be a nuisance on the back patio

I don't hang out on the side yard, HOWEVER I don't think that women bond with their grills like men do!

However this gives food for thought (no pun intended)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pauli Girl said:

I was going to put it in the side yard ...put in a little concrete pad for it....was afraid that the smoke would be a nuisance on the back patio

I don't hang out on the side yard, HOWEVER I don't think that women bond with their grills like men do!

Taking bets :D

Welcome to the best cooking insanity ... all things kamodo vessel related ;)     If you're like most of us you will be looking for anything and everything to test out on your KK once it arrives.   Its not just for meat :) .

Edited by dstr8

10 hours ago, Pauli Girl said:

That might be true lol ... once you get the kk i dont think you will be cooking on your stove anymore or very rarely i should say  so i would have to put the kk close to where you can bring food from the kitchen and  near a table , but all those choices looks great you will have to see when your kk arrives...

Welcome to the KK family you are going to love it ....

Also, you're going to be surprised by how little smoke is generated once the grill gets up and going. It's extremely efficient. The biggest variable in smoke production is the quality of the charcoal you're using. Cheap stuff, like Cowboy, is not fully carbonized, so it generates a lot of smoke. Good quality lump charcoal burns with less smoke once it's lit. If you don't overload the grill with chunks of smoking wood, you'll be OK. Plus, we all like the smell of nice fruity smoking woods - like apple, peach or cherry. It just screams BBQ. 

4 hours ago, dstr8 said:

Taking bets :D

Welcome to the best cooking insanity ... all things kamodo vessel related ;)     If you're like most of us you will be looking for anything and everything to test out on your KK once it arrives.   Its not just for meat :) .

Yeah, I wouldn't want to try to get between @Shuley or @MacKenzie and their kk's  :smt046

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pauli Girl said:

Fairly certain I did!!

• Like 3