Shuley

Almost summer cook!

So I went down to my local butcher to get some plate ribs for Monday and while I was there I decided to get some of their house made sausages (jalepeno chipotle and basque) for a quick dinner tonight. Man, they were good. I cooked them at about 250 and served them the way we had them in Texas- with white bread pickles and onion. I also baked some red lobster cheddar biscuits on my Akorn. I've been better at trying to use two cookers and keeping the cooking outdoors lately. Anyway simple pictures of a simple yet delicious dinner. I'll definitely be keeping this in the back of my mind the next time I need a quick summer dinner.  Also, yet another time that I set the kk while I ran to the store, and came back ready to cook!  

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Great looking cooks but...... What's with "Almost Summer"?

It's been summer for the last month+   .!!!

I consider it summer after the last day of school!  Lol!!! Thursday at 12:25. Not that I'm counting down or anything!!!

@ckreef - 'cause you folks down there don't have to make up "snow days" when school is either cancelled or late start. 

Sorry, MacKenzie, it was a gorgeous weekend here - upper 70s/low 80s. Cooling off a bit today - low 70s. Planted my veggie garden yesterday (tomatoes, peppers and herbs). 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1

We haven't had frost in weeks, but the lows were still  in the 40s at night until recently. Plus, we've had a lot of rain lately, so the soil was really soggy and like they say "tomatoes don't like wet feet." So I was waiting for things to dry out a little before planting. 

Unfortunately GA had a late spring freeze which wipped out 80% of the states Blueberry crop. So bad farmers can apply for federal agriculture disaster assistance. 80% of my Blueberries died, can I get assistance? 

This was a really mild winter so my two large Blueberry bushes flowered early (like all Blueberry bushes in GA did). Then came a late spring frost warning. I went out and covered the bushes. Didn't help. Turned into a one night hard freeze and the next day I cried looking at what wasn't left. Oh well there's always next year. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately GA had a late spring freeze which wipped out 80% of the states Blueberry crop. So bad farmers can apply for federal agriculture disaster assistance. 80% of my Blueberries died, can I get assistance? 
This was a really mild winter so my two large Blueberry bushes flowered early (like all Blueberry bushes in GA did). Then came a late spring frost warning. I went out and covered the bushes. Didn't help. Turned into a one night hard freeze and the next day I cried looking at what wasn't left. Oh well there's always next year. 

Bugger that sucks

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill