Shuley

Ckreef inspired carrots. And steak

Thanks all!  It was a good weeknight meal. I just need to make sure next time I send my husband shopping that he knows to get more than one steak for all of us!!!

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Great meal, great carrots. Will have to grill some carrots this weekend. 

Upping my veggie game is my goal this year. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shuley said:

I just need to make sure next time I send my husband shopping that he knows to get more than one steak for all of us!!!

I have the exact opposite problem. The wife is always asking, "are we feeding an army?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I have the exact opposite problem. The wife is always asking, "are we feeding an army?"

I almost always cook with the intention for leftovers (except maybe fish). I don't like to eat out for lunch much, and leftovers help with that :)

• Like 2

I have a glaze that I brush over my carrots.  I like to cook mini carrots rather than the whole.  I like the uniformity of how those mini carrots cook.  The glaze is some honey, bourbon, and a touch of cayenne pepper brushed on about every 2 minutes for 10 minutes before they carrots are done.  Occasionally I'll add some fresh grated ginger.  The proportions are anywhere from equal measures honey and bourbon to 2:1 honey to bourbon, depending on how sweet you like things.  For the cayenne, that is to taste.  I've found that I generally like things spicier than most folks.  

NOTE:  I've also used reduced maple syrup in place of the honey.  Sometimes a splash of balsamic vinegar is an interesting addition.  Enjoy!

Edited by CeramicChef

2 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

NOTE:  I've also used reduced maple syrup in place of the honey.  Sometimes a splash of balsamic vinegar is an interesting addition.  Enjoy!

Now you're talking Ken! But hard to argue with the bourbon part! 

@Shuley - that steak looks perfect! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

I have a glaze that I brush over my carrots.  I like to cook mini carrots rather than the whole.  I like the uniformity of how those mini carrots cook.  The glaze is some honey, bourbon, and a touch of cayenne pepper brushed on about every 2 minutes for 10 minutes before they carrots are done.  Occasionally I'll add some fresh grated ginger.  The proportions are anywhere from equal measures honey and bourbon to 2:1 honey to bourbon, depending on how sweet you like things.  For the cayenne, that is to taste.  I've found that I generally like things spicier than most folks.  

That sounds like an awesome glaze

• Like 1