tony b

New Anova Sous Vide Circulator

I know the clock is ticking, but this is the "deal of the century." Anova is releasing a new model and it's only $69!!! If you ever even momentarily thought about buying a Sous Vide machine, now's the time to strike.

https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker-nano/?anovanerd=yesplease&utm_source=01.+Primary+Marketing+List&utm_campaign=8a4da4f9bd-nano_launch_email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f33347b916-8a4da4f9bd-100134741&ct=t(nano_launch_email)&goal=0_f33347b916-8a4da4f9bd-100134741&mc_cid=8a4da4f9bd&mc_eid=f20b46fd4c

I've thought about this method off and on for quite a while. I almost ordered one a few times, but the various problems with the units some of the commenters have experienced always stopped me from completing the order at the normal price. The discounted price of entry of this new generation unit is compelling so I ordered one to give it a try.

Jon

11 minutes ago, jonj said:

I've thought about this method off and on for quite a while. I almost ordered one a few times, but the various problems with the units some of the commenters have experienced always stopped me from completing the order at the normal price. The discounted price of entry of this new generation unit is compelling so I ordered one to give it a try.

Jon

It's a great idea, I just think I produce better results regular kamado cooking. Could be that I enjoy the process, though. 

I have the Anova One WiFi that I bought during pre-order. I don't use it a ton, but I've enjoyed pretty much everything that I have cooked using it. The 'pretty much' piece is - you have to experiment a bit with time and temperature. You can get very different textures with those variables - some not so good! ;)

Unless I have a short timeline, I may never cook a steak not using SV on it first. Chicken breasts are also great.

I've also made a lot of yogurt and steel cut oatmeal with it.

I haven't done a large cut yet, like a butt or brisket, but those are on my list to try.