FotonDrv

OOPS!!

Just when you thought all was right with the world you realized you forgot something, a marine navigation chart and a tide table :smt021  in the last 20 years I have seen many people run aground here but this guy was the smartest.  He waited until the boat was in knee deep water and then walked ashore to the nearest pub for a case of beer and carried it back to wait for the next high tide!  It was the first thing he did right all day :-)

fullsizeoutput_858.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_859.jpeg

Normally it looks like this and it was the view when he sailed into it.

fullsizeoutput_25b.thumb.jpeg.e903b62f765cb21379db5cf128227da9.jpeg

Edited by FotonDrv
added photo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cschaaf said:

Maybe that was his plan all along! ;)

His wife said, "No, you can not take the car to go buy a case of beer!"

Had not thought of that aspect!!  It must have worked because I saw him with the beer headed back to the boat. 

• Like 1

The entire show was less dramatic than the show that played out a couple of days ago for the Friday Afternoon Regatta.  A big wind suddenly came up with sideways rain and 1/4" hail where we got of 1/2" of rain in 15 minutes.  A 33ft sailboat was caught with its spinnaker up (he apparently was not paying attention to the weather) and in the process of them trying to frantically strike the sails they left lines dragging over the transom.  Then these geniuses started the auxiliary engine and must have backed over the lines thus fouling the rudder and the prop.  So, there they were in an outgoing 12 ft tide and the wind trying to push them in the same direction, all the while drifting diagonally toward the U.S. Navy active ship facility.  The Navy Patrol boats were not amused and must have told those guys to put up a sail and sail away from them, which they did but it took them hours to get the 1-1/2 mile back to the marina for a rather bumpy landing.  I never could figure out why they did not call 911 On The Water to get their boat towed back so they could get a diver under it.

It was pretty entertaining while I had the KK going on the covered patio in this torrential downpour sipping a good Grey Goose VX...

• Like 4