LeadDog

Snoopy checks me out.

I unthawed some meat hoping my new KK would all of a sudden show up. :) It is still on the way but close I guess. I took the oak staves soaked in wine and ran it through a chipper so I could toss it on the fire right when I put the meat on the grill.

Here is a picture of the wood chips.

PC020479.JPG

I really like how the chips worked with the lump. I just took a hand full and spread it over the coals.

Now I have all of this smoke going and I slap the steaks on there and start cooking.

Picture of the meat cooking.

PC020476.JPG

Somewhere to my backside I here this droning noise and I wonder what could it be. I turn around and see a UFO coming right for me really slow. I check the direction of the wind and sure enough the smoke is blowing right to this Flying thing.

Picture of the flying thing.

PC020475.JPG

I'm just glad they like the smell of the cooking. :) When it gets closer I see that it is the Snoopy Met Life Blimp. He waves to me and tells me I'm doing a great job.

Picture of Snoopy flying by.

PC020481.JPG

Comment about the flight path. I have never seen a blimp fly in from that direction. My best guess is the blimp just flew in from Hawaii. In the past they have moored the blimps at our local airport.

Oh and we had some of the new wine with the steaks and it is tasting really good. I guess I'll have to do a wine update soon. I'm thinking of bottling half of it next July or August. :)

Curly remember the cookers name is Old Yellar. :) Yea I am looking forward to having meat taste better than it is right now but it is hard to image that meat could possibly taste batter than it is right now. It's going to happen soon. So what should I cook in it first?

I'd say chicken or pork butt. Maybe even a chuck roll. Some ribs would be nice. Anything for a low-n-slow.

Dennis says it is on the truck and the cooker should be here today, unless the truck gets hijacked.... :)

I have been working at my current company for almost 4 years and today is the first time they have asked me to work more than 8 hours so I might not get home until late. I'll still try to get a picture or two of it. Guess what I'm thinking of doing this Saturday? 8)