cschaaf

Spent a week out of town and I lost my touch...

I wanted to cook these chicken breasts at 400. I set my vents to where I thought they should be - and I just couldn't make it work.

IMG_0604.thumb.JPG.0dca50c3f801675109a6f0c846068a20.JPG

At 390-dgrees, there's no way these things were any good, so in the trash they went.

IMG_0603.thumb.JPG.7dedc013a10b4255fad36f61a28f7f3a.JPG

I hope you figured out by now that I am joking. ;)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I'll take your trash any day. 

Hey I'm thinking - one Saturday this Summer  maybe me and Mrs skreef needs to come down your way. I'll bring the Akorn Jr. We can have a kamado feast. 

That would be awesome!

We'll have to look at our schedule, but we have a pretty crazy summer going on. In 2 weeks, we head to China for a 2.5 week river cruise. 

And I'm on a huge project at work that looks like it will have me travelling off and on through the end of October. Including a trip 5 days after we return from China :S I think I'll have a better idea of what travel I'll need to do after that initial trip. If things go smoothly, I might get out of some of it.

One of these days, me and the missus need to swing by your place. I want to check out that Blackstone and see if I can convince her it's worth it. ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ckreef said:

Let me know when you're going to be around. With Hawke starting college next fall we have decided to forgo any real vacation plans. We'll need a couple of weekend retreats to make up for it. 

I know the feeling. We are on the downhill side of that. Two out of college, the last one is entering her Sr year. We're starting to think of all of the vacations we can take now lol

• Like 2