Aussie Ora

FotonDrv

WOW!  NOW THATS A BUG!!  I would love to know what else was do to it to make it hold the HP/Torque in the flat 4.  And the vintage bug being modded that way is spectacular.

He must have done something to keep the front end on the ground so corners would be possible.  They were/are notoriously light in the front and they wash out in the corners, much like the Porsche's do.  Briggs Cunningham's son drove a modded bug with a Porsche engine and some other things done to the suspension but the biggest single thing to keep it on the ground was a 65 pound steel rod, about 3 ft long, suspended and welded under the front bumper.  I put weight forward and was almost not noticable until you drove it.  I put one on one of my bugs and it handles so well that on hard packed gravel roads I would get rocks stuck between the bead and the rim on the rear wheels before the car lost steering in the corners.  Really a spectacular and simple fix for a long standing problem with a Bug without 200 pounds in the trunk/boot.

• Like 1