ckreef

Dog Food - we'll fight over it - LOL

This thread title is a joke with a member  on the Kamado Guru forum. Sure glad I don't own a dog or I'd be fighting him for this meal. 

MD rare Sashimi grade tuna steaks served with homemade punzu sauce and pickled ginger. Grilled fresh sweet corn and a feta/iceberg/spinach  side salad with a homemade fresh raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. 

DFfinal.thumb.jpg.d98f92ea07f1e23558fc7d7c2366d478.jpg

This wasn't planned but The Fresh Market had sushimi  grade tuna steaks (7 oz about 1 1/4" thick) on sale for $4.99 each. These were the best, cheapest tuna steaks I've ever bought. I should have bought more  for a future cook. That's okay going back there tomorrow morning and going to get another 6 or 9. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tony b said:

Man, I miss our Fresh Market! But, the Trader Joe's should be opening in the not too distant future! 

Fresh Market is slowly becoming my new best friend. You better fill your wallet before you go there because you'll need a full wallet. Their fresh food (almost half the store) all looks spectacular. Dry goods have some strange items that are hard to find. Also they have a great selection of fresh dried spices. 

Closest Trader Joe's is 2 hours away. I've never been there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ckreef said:

Fresh Market is slowly becoming my new best friend. You better fill your wallet before you go there because you'll need a full wallet. Their fresh food (almost half the store) all looks spectacular. Dry goods have some strange items that are hard to find. Also they have a great selection of fresh dried spices. 

Closest Trader Joe's is 2 hours away. I've never been there. 

We had a Fresh Market here for just a little over a year before they closed it (along with 12 other stores in 6 states - over extended their distribution system). I cleaned them out when they had the "going out of business sale." Bought every jar of Duke's Mayonnaise in the store! I think that I bought a dozen bags of Counter Culture Coffee, too. 

One of the first FM stores when they branched out was in my hometown. I was known to get off my airplane and go straight there to shop for "essentials" before heading to my parents house on visits. They were instant coffee drinkers and I HAD to have fresh roasted, even if I had to grind it in the store. Mom would drag out my Melitta pour-over whenever I came to town. 

Truly excited to have a Trader Joe's only 30 minutes away. Counting down the days! They don't have the fresh produce like FM, but have lots of interesting other things.