Keith B

Gose and porchetta

I started the day by brewing a Gose that had been souring in the kettle since Thursday. After the beer was in the fermenter I assembled a pork belly porchetta with pork tenderloin in the middle and added rosemary, fennel, sage, garlic, olive oil, salt, ground pepperberries and lemon zest. The porchetta will be cooked on the rotisserie tomorrow. I will post more pictures tomorrow after the cook.3ec5bb169ad9d0ace4fac5f231c1f64b.jpgfcb9dd21821e99cf3a7a37837385e722.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That looks like it's going to really be GOOD 

I hope so. It is my first porchetta. It was a whole rib in pork belly. I cut the ribs out and I may cook them tomorrow as well. The whole belly was way longer than the spit rod for my 22" KK so I cut 8 inches off and vacuum packed it then put it in the freezer for another day. Here is the piece that i packed for later.

ec5d6337e4a684e202d1e28ee1befbc1.jpg

Good luck with the porchetta. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I've only tried it once, with OK results - roast was great, but no crispy skin on the belly. It was more like pork taffy - LOL! 

I just did my first Gose, as part of a wort rally with the local brewery (Lion Bridge). I kettle soured it like yours. Took the keg to Homebrew Con for Club Night. Got great compliments on it. Had the public tasting session last Sunday at Lion Bridge. Took 3rd place in People's Choice. Fingers crossed on the Expert Panel judging of my bottles. We're trying to see if we can qualify for the Pro-Am at GABF this year. 

Good luck with the porchetta. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I've only tried it once, with OK results - roast was great, but no crispy skin on the belly. It was more like pork taffy - LOL! 
I just did my first Gose, as part of a wort rally with the local brewery (Lion Bridge). I kettle soured it like yours. Took the keg to Homebrew Con for Club Night. Got great compliments on it. Had the public tasting session last Sunday at Lion Bridge. Took 3rd place in People's Choice. Fingers crossed on the Expert Panel judging of my bottles. We're trying to see if we can qualify for the Pro-Am at GABF this year. 

Tony,
Sounds like your Gose turned out great. I brew the Gose every summer. It is one of my favorite styles. Good luck on the Expert Panel judging!

Done and on the platter. The skin was amazing! Very crunchy. I was expecting it to be fatty but a lot of fat rendered out during the cook. I held 325 for 3.5 hours the ramped up to 500 degrees for 20 minutes to finish the skin. It was amazing. I have a third of the original in the freezer for another day.c0714e61b8c9d219a17aa095dafd806c.jpg633741edc927ae74d344c681030959c0.jpg

• Like 3