Pequod

Too Much Drama!

Don't know what it is about the Guru, but I can wander away for months at a time, and it's a certainty that whenever I poke my head in again there's some kind of drama. :shock:

Less Guru for me. The internet is too big to waste time there.  :cool:

• Like 1

I posted a tongue-in-cheek, facetious, compliment dealing with the KJ marketing prowess and the site admin took it completely wrong.  The Guru admin has run off more than a few folks, some of whom visit here, who dare to call things as they see them.  The Guru admin has very deep ties to Kamado Joe and if your don't worship at the KJ altar and bow down, the Admin see you as a threat   If you ever get on the site admin's wrong side, nothing will get you back in his good graces.  He's a small man with a small man complex.  The site admin has a reputation at other BBQ sites as being rather fractious in his dealing with people who see things differently than does he.  I won't be back.  

• Like 3

I like the guru some great advice and some great people .I've seen a few things go down .you can get some real narky people but I think most of them a summer blow ins. The regular crew are pretty cool and it does have its own version of Macenzie. jack jumper lol. he cooks well .but don't get on their and say kj is a bloody useless piece of crap compared to my KK lol.

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

5 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

I posted a tongue-in-cheek, facetious, compliment dealing with the KJ marketing prowess and the site admin took it completely wrong.  The Guru admin has run off more than a few folks, some of whom visit here, who dare to call things as they see them.  The Guru admin has very deep ties to Kamado Joe and if your don't worship at the KJ altar and bow down, the Admin see you as a threat   If you ever get on the site admin's wrong side, nothing will get you back in his good graces.  He's a small man with a small man complex.  The site admin has a reputation at other BBQ sites as being rather fractious in his dealing with people who see things differently than does he.  I won't be back.  

I've never seen on any forum anywhere, regardless of subject, the owner/admin take someone to task like that publicly. Whatever you said (which I took as a joke), his response was unacceptable. Period. Small man indeed. 

I have my own opinions of the Guru and it's owner. Suffice to say I've found little reason to hang out there. 

Side note, @CeramicChef, folks at AR have been asking about you. You're still welcome there. :)

• Like 2

Yes the owner has no clue how to run a forum he has rules that are posted but makes them up as he goes along you really cant take sides if you are admin but like was said he worships at the kj alter and if you dont own one he looks down on you.i logged out more then a month ago and dont miss the drama...if certain things were gone there then it would be a good site 

• Like 1

Not sure what to say about this thread. Drama? That's what you get when you have a few hundred new members registering and posting every spring. If this forum had that much new member traffic every spring there would be drama here too. For the amount of new members and the percent of them having never used a kamado before I feel the drama is at a minimum. 

As for KJ, the forum is over 50% Akorns. KJ has the second highest representation with the rest of the members owning probably every other Kamado  ever made. I don't own a KJ, never have, never will, yet I'm still a moderator over there. Because of that status I won't comment on the rest of this discussion. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Not sure what to say about this thread. Drama? That's what you get when you have a few hundred new members registering and posting every spring. If this forum had that much new member traffic every spring there would be drama here too. For the amount of new members and the percent of them having never used a kamado before I feel the drama is at a minimum. 

As for KJ, the forum is over 50% Akorns. KJ has the second highest representation with the rest of the members owning probably every other Kamado  ever made. I don't own a KJ, never have, never will, yet I'm still a moderator over there. Because of that status I won't comment on the rest of this discussion. 

That is not true i have over 400,000 members on many of my forums and dont have half of what is going on at guru i have over 2000 or more members joining each day but our admin and staff leave their emotions at the door is why i dont have what the guru has going over there i also have a set of rules that each member abides but very much of what we got going on here at the kk forum is what i have in my forums ... when you strive for a family environment it works wonders for a forum no matter what forum you have .. when you have a set of rules and change them according to how you feel each day that is very bad probaby why as many new members come through the door they leave just as fast not all new members post ... i admire you for being staff there and is your prerogative and i assume your experience there is much different than many of us

• Like 1