DennisLinkletter

KK now has a WhatsApp Account

I'm a huge fan of WhatsApp as a messaging and communications tool.. I use it almost hourly to send and receive images and videos from the factory.  I also use it when shopping to share what I've found.. I no longer buy the wrong produce according to my wife because I let her see and choose herself.  If you don't have it or never heard of it you are missing out..
For those of you who missed it.. Facebook Paid $19 Billion last year to acquire WhatsApp.  It's the largest app of it's type with over 1.2 billion users globally. It cleverly uses your phone number as your account name and immediately syncs with your phone's contact list and lets you know who has it. You can also use it in your computer using a browser..  Komodo Kamado's WhatsApp account is   +62 818 850 860  great number eeh?

• Like 3

On 7/19/2017 at 0:00 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

I'm a huge fan of WhatsApp as a messaging and communications tool.. I use it almost hourly to send and receive images and videos from the factory.  I also use it when shopping to share what I've found.. I no longer buy the wrong produce according to my wife because I let her see and choose herself.  If you don't have it or never heard of it you are missing out..
For those of you who missed it.. Facebook Paid $19 Billion last year to acquire WhatsApp.  It's the largest app of it's type with over 1.2 billion users globally. It cleverly uses your phone number as your account name and immediately syncs with your phone's contact list and lets you know who has it. You can also use it in your computer using a browser..  Komodo Kamado's WhatsApp account is   +62 818 850 860  great number eeh?

Have you gotten more robo calls and junk solicitations since turning your Contacts List loose on the world? I am constantly fighting to block unwanted calls and no longer answer the phone.  If someone wants me they better leave a message.

It is. Like I said it's completely free, and works pretty well. I've seen others, but anything with as good or better rating is a free app, but a subscription service. Mr number and hiya are completely free, but I think the true caller is better rated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

Have you gotten more robo calls and junk solicitations since turning your Contacts List loose on the world? I am constantly fighting to block unwanted calls and no longer answer the phone.  If someone wants me they better leave a message.

I'm the wrong person to ask because my WhatsApp is an Indonesian number.. that being said, I get 2-3 calls a night on my Komodo Kamado numbers.
Interesting is that if I answer Dennis Linkletter Komodo Kamado Indonesia they almost always just hang up.. 
If they speak to me I tell them I'm a bit busy right now but would like to talk to them and then ask for their home or cell number and I'll call them tonight.. They balk and say they don't give out their personal numbers.. at this point I say EXACTLY and I did not give you my personal number either did I?  I then block and report the number as spam to Skype.. ARGH and double ARGH

17 hours ago, 5698k said:

Don't see any. I take that back, there's one that scrolls across the bottom, but it doesn't hinder the usage.

I've tried Truecaller on my iPhone and found that 1) it doesn't automatically update the block list, and 2) doesn't actually block spam calls, it just displays them with a red background. Since I don't answer calls from unknown numbers anyway, ends up being of little value. Is there a setting somewhere for blocking calls that I haven't found?

I ended up using Nomorobo on my home landline (free) and paying for the subscription ($2/month) on my iPhone. It's far from perfect, but it does automatically update the block list hourly and actually blocks (most) calls.

With true caller, you do have to manually update the spam list, and you do have to manually block numbers. Over a relatively short period of time, spam calls have gone down dramatically. I guess it's up to the individual to decide which is best, $2.00/month for automatic, or manual for free.

I have given up on spam calls and if someone really wants to reach me they must leave their name and number.  And for the persistent calls that are human originated the answering message of "This is Lt. XXXX, you have reached an active crime scene, leave your name and number, state your business, and someone will get back to you during the course of the investigation".  That should stop all but the people who really know you.