I couple weeks ago, Pebbles was cooking a pork butt overnight.   That night turned out to have a nice steady rain - I should have checked the forecast - and either my Guru got tired and quit or the moisture got to it.   I've grown to like having the Guru and letting it manage Pebbles but I'm not certain I can count on that.....

So the obvious next step is Google (some might say test the guru too) and up pops Fireboard.   Multi-probe, web enabled, and according to Kelley at Fireboard, fan adapter on the way.   Is there anyone here using one ?

https://www.fireboard.com

I'm not related to them in any way but and seriously intrigued about the prospect of not getting out of bed in the wee hours but taking a glance at my phone.

Edited by Smokin' Coals

14 hours ago, Steve M said:

I made a water resistant case for my cyber Q that works like a charm. It has worked through quite a few rain storms including some real downpours without issue. 

So did I, it's called a ziplock baggie. I just cut out one of the lower corners for the wires to go through. 

• Like 3

Yeah. I earned the ribbing.   The one night I didn't put it in my box, or even a ziplock,  I got caught,.   I could have looked at the forecast, but June in Dallas...    Either way, Guru gets tested this weekend and I'll let you know if Fireboar comes on - line and how it works.    I'm not pulling the trigger until the fan component is working.  The Fireboard is intriguing.

Gotta use a 2X4 or a beer can if you're using the ziplock..... keeping it classy.

The dawg gets gobs of attention and spoiling.  Did you notice the stump behind that porch?  One of the average to smaller ones that were on the property, others got very big and could be used for small buildings inside the hollow stumps.

Current setup is several hundred miles north in the Seattle area.  The current German Shepherd approves :-)

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

fullsizeoutput_b13.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tony b said:

One big ass stump! 

To move one took a Caterpillar about the size of a D-8 or larger.  We had a TD-25 on the property moving stumps and that got the job done more quickly.  The D-8 was fun to drive compared to all the lever pulling and gear shifting on my antique D-2 Caterpillar.

All the Kamado style cookers I have had have all been a manual affair and that was one of the things I enjoyed about it.  Like cooking on a wood fired cookrange, it took paying attention to the fire, and therefore slowed you down from the frenetic pace of modern life.

Edited by FotonDrv
added text