ckreef

Reef's Grilled Peach Crumble Pie

A shortbread bottom crust, fresh grilled peaches and a crumble topping. 

This was going to be a full recipe post but I had a couple technical difficulties along the way. Thinking back on yesterday I believe Publix snuck a batch of cling peaches in on me. You must use Freestone peaches if you're going to grill them, and these peaches were not coming off the pit. 

Maybe next weekend I'll try again for a recipe post. For now I'll leave you with a few pictures. It was delicious.

CPa.thumb.jpg.c4f61d74a72da2928787e8be5e59427b.jpg

CPb.thumb.jpg.4bf1ff0d50cda3bfb0d03a1be831ada4.jpg

CPc.thumb.jpg.6a48402d1a5a8711d51f06cde17bc130.jpg

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Steve M said:

Awesome, I love peach pie

This was a compilation of 3 different recipes. Sort of the best of everything. I was rolling on a really nice recipe post when the crappy peaches threw me for a loop. I'll probably try again next weekend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shuley said:

Looks good. Once I got some clingstone peaches to grill without realizing my mistake- ended up being a pretty big pain but still delicious!

Clingstone peaches suck. We'll let DelMonte buy those up - LOL 

Edited by ckreef

16 minutes ago, FotonDrv said:

Right now we have a crop of red figs happening and very soon some Japanese plums.  Those are followed by the Japanese pears and finally the Kiwi, then back to the diet...

They had cherry plums for sale last weekend. Never tried those. I should have bought some. 

• Like 1

Never tried red cherry plums!  We did plant a kiwi that is supposed to have red fruit but as yet no fruit where the green kiwi are prolific.

The thing we enjoy the most is the blueberries, especially the pink lemonade variety.

IMG_2725.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

Edited by FotonDrv
added text
  • Like 3