DennisLinkletter

SLightly Used - 23" Drk Autumn Nebula 4Sale

23 minutes ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Hi Fran ..   Please set this grill on a box that is 9” x 8” x 6” tall,  this will lift the wheels off the ground.

Dennis, given the number of moving posts (and I may be dealing with one myself soon), have you ever considered making these boxes, or maybe even the entire bottom of the shipping crate, available for purchase?

4 hours ago, Pequod said:

Dennis, given the number of moving posts (and I may be dealing with one myself soon), have you ever considered making these boxes, or maybe even the entire bottom of the shipping crate, available for purchase?

Thanks great idea.. Also not a bad idea to add saving the original box so it can be reused in the future should the grill need to be transported.. 
Even have shipping crates available for special order.. Folks usually know months ahead of a move.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tucker said:

the 5x8 trailer is approx 18" deck height

w/ a 8' ramp it is approx 10-11 degree angle.

very do-able w/ 2 guys.

If I think the angle is too great, i'll extend the ramp.

thanks for the ideas 

cheers

On my utility trailer, I disconnected the trailer from the car, raised the tongue, blocked the rear of the trailer and it leveled out the ramp angle quite a bit .  FYI 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon B. said:

On my utility trailer, I disconnected the trailer from the car, raised the tongue, blocked the rear of the trailer and it leveled out the ramp angle quite a bit .  FYI 

That's a really good idea. 

I have a really low profile motorcycle transport trailer. Even then I need to put my hitch in the high position to level out the angle enough for my bike to ride up it properly without scraping the frame. 

At an even higher position I could get the ramp to be a smooth angle without a hump. Once the KK is on the trailer you can just lower the tongue onto the ball. 

On 8/16/2017 at 9:53 AM, DennisLinkletter said:

Thanks great idea.. Also not a bad idea to add saving the original box so it can be reused in the future should the grill need to be transported.. 
Even have shipping crates available for special order.. Folks usually know months ahead of a move.

This is exactly the reason why I kept my crate. I'm actually in the process of moving 15 minutes from my current home, and saving the crate made all the difference getting her nice and locked into a stable square base that can lock up tight against the wall of the trailer. Besides, the crates are a thing of beauty in their own right!

• Like 1

Houston, the Eagle has landed!

Using the 5'x8' UHaul trailer and a 8 degree ramp worked perfectly.

My brother-in-law and I made the 4 hour trek south to pick up Saturday.

wrapped the grill in plastic with two tarps folded up under the plastic for a cushion.

Put the grill up against the front wall of the trailer and strapped it in.

(BTW, the block for under the grill is 4" tall, not 6")  - had to cut the 3/4" ply wood i used to make it by hand --> lovely in 98f / 85% humidity no shade - :-D

Pit-stop at Cracker Barrel to re-fuel and then home to the Grill Shack.

I cleaned it up today, have it burning right now to clear it out - it had a good bit of muck on the insides the pics did not reveal.

Now it is beer-o-clock :drinkers:

cheers!!

IMG_5680.JPG

IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

• Like 4