Jim Malter

Beautiful Cooker

I am the happy owner of a Supreme OTB Dark Terra Blue. It is a lovely piece of work. I have cooked with a competitors model for 2 years but this is like moving to the majors after an extended stay in the carolina league. The cooker seems more efficient and has better airflow management. Dealing with Dennis has been easy and very business-like: also a pleasant distinction. Great job and keep making these things.

Jim

First, I live in Madison WI, a beautiful college town (home of the U of Wisconsin) located about 150 miles NW of Chicago. Winter has recently set in here and looks to be on an extended stay (like to April). I will take some pictures this weekend when I am actually home during daylight (730AM to 430PM)

I was able to sell the Mexi-K for which there was fairly reasonable interest especially at my >50% off price. I was on my second one-the first was replaced after much hassle due to near complete detilation (??word). The new one seemed to be on the same trajectory. Hopefully the new owner will have better luck than I.

So far, I have only cooked a pork shoulder roast. Tonite will be a butterflied chicken. I usually do these over direct heat at about 350, flip after 20 min, flip after 20 more and take off when breast hits 160. I brine these all day (1/4 cup kosher salt in 1 Qt water) and find it really improves the flavor and moisture content. I plan on a prime rib on Sunday, cooked at 250 direct for as long as it takes to get to 125-130.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jim