JDBBQ

KK32 landing in Western PA soon

Hello all,

I made the plunge today and ordered my KK32.  I can't wait.

Took the advice of several and went big (32", hoping my 6-2 son and I can navigate it across the lawn, around the house to its resting place) and got the basket splitter, the pizza stone and the rotisserie 

I have been into wine for a long time and am looking forward to a cooking and wine pairing adventure in the coming years !

Thanks for the feedback on the questions I have asked so far and I hope you will tolerate some more in the coming weeks and months.

Regards

• Like 8

Congratulations, you're going to really enjoy it. Mine was delivered about two weeks ago and I'm still working on hitting target temps without overshooting. This morning I was at 300 before I got it settled in, about 50 degrees over my target. I went ahead and put the brisket on at 300 and did it Blu Dawg style. I still can't quite figure out how a select brisket could come out that good, unreal. 

Incredible cooker to say the least. 

Yeah!!! a BB32 congratulations. Be careful moving it they are heavy. My friend and I moved my 32 to the back yard, had to take down two fences and go through my neighbors yard, and both of us are 74 yo. We used the two sheets of plywood method, worked great, they roll pretty easy. Have fun and happy grilling

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to it.  I am planning on using plywood to roll it into place.  Just have to go around my house and then on to a stone patio by the back door near the kitchen.  a slight down grade in places and i have my son here for the next couple weeks so he will help. 

@jdbower - welcome to the KK Family!  You're really going to love cooking on your 32BB; I know I really love cooking on my 32, TheBeast.  You'll be surprised how easy it is to get to kow your cooker.  

To move your KK, as was mentioned above, you need a couple of sheets of 1/2" Oriented Strand Board ( OSB is better than regular plywood) and help.  I found 3 folks to be ideal.  Once you get as much mass as your 32 moving you'll find you need 3 people to do this job smoothly.  

Your questions are always welcome here, so ask always!  Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Obsession! Can't wait to see pics of the new grill and that all important virgin cook! 

As a fellow wine geek (and beer snob), I look forward to whatever pairings you come up with. I think Zinfandel and Rhone varieties work great with most smoked meats. A dry Rose and non-oaky Chardonnays with chicken. You're going to have so much fun, you'd better just go out now and get a larger belt - you'll need it sooner than you think!

• Like 1