Cottonswab

23 KK

That will look stunning. :):smt023 :smt023Did you order the KK baking stone, the rotisserie, and lots of lump as getting it all shipped with the KK is the most economical way to purchase things? 

I forgot to mention just wait until you taste the food, it also moves to the next level.:) 

Edited by MacKenzie

If you are planning of baking bread or pizzas this stone it the cat's meow. It is specially formulated so that the bottom cooks without burning  while the top cooks. No tricks needed to bake a pizza on the KK with this stone. :) 

You don't have long to wait, lucky you. :) 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

Also get MORE coffee char!    Both are wonderful but I go through 2-3x as much coffee char as cocochar (certainly cook dependent).   Ditto @MacKenzie comments all things baking atop a KK stone ... especially the shaped stone as it is even thicker:  A must have.    

There are some things all things cooking related I can imagine doing without.   But my 23" KK isn't one of them!   And it isn't just for grilling.   As wonderful it is for laying down wonderful maillard effect, smoke ring, etc., on protein of choice its an even better baking vessel.   Biscotti, souffles, pies, etc. are no match for it compared to ANY oven/griller I've owned/own.

Congratulations on your decision @Cottonswab and prepare to feel like a 'kid at Christmas' ... for a LONG time!

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Obsession! You're going to see a world of difference cooking on a KK over an Egg. 

Will second the others' comments on maxing out the coco and coffee wood in your order. Pizza stone is a great accessory. My 2 cents - get a second charcoal basket and the basket splitter - great for 2 zone cooks and quick heat up for grilling. Love my rotisserie basket, so I'd suggest getting both the basket and straight rod/prong set. (Note: you have to order the motor from OneGrill, as Dennis doesn't sell one.) The cold smoker is a nice add-on if you think you'd being doing that (I smoke salmon, nuts, and cheese with mine.) The double-bottom drip pan is nice if you want to roast veggies under another cook or catch the drippings to make gravy. I have to admit that mine doesn't see that much use. YMMV

Can't wait to see the pics of the arrival and uncrating!

Awesome purchase!  The coffee char is my favorite lump by far.  Get as much as you can.  I know Dennis is having some trouble getting the coffee char shipped out of Indonesia so if there is a way to incorporate it in your shipment then I would load up.  My most used accessory is my straight rod rotisserie (next to my pizza stone).  I use it at least once every week or two to spin chicken.  It is the best chicken I have ever made.  I also have the cold smoker which I use occasionally for smoking cheese and salmon.  The pizza stone is a must have.  I use mine weekly.  I have not used my basket splitter since I bought my KK.  I need to get it out break it in.

Post lots of pics when you get it!

Congrats, @Cottonswab!

My most used accessory is the basket splitter. I grill a lot more often than I smoke and I am typically only grilling for two. I only have one lump basket and if I need to add or remove the splitter, I just dump the leftover lump into a bucket, put in or remove the splitter, then dump the leftover lump back in.

My second most used accessory is the rotisserie. I only have the basket right now. One of these days, I'll get the straight rod. When I use the rotisserie, I use it with the basket splitter in.

I don't do a ton of baking, and we like thinner crust pizzas, so I use the deflector for that. Works great. I don't use the baking stone very often.