cruzmisl

Anyone considered.....

HI All,

I'm wondering if anyone has considered fabricating a rotisserie that can hold 4 slabs of ribs. I saw a thread on that a while back but was wondering if anyone had bit the bullet and started welding.

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765&highlight=rotisserie

My friend is a master fabricator and he owes me a favor so if anyone has any more design ideas I'd be willing to make him do the work :)

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Anyone considered.....

HI All,

I'm wondering if anyone has considered fabricating a rotisserie that can hold 4 slabs of ribs. I saw a thread on that a while back but was wondering if anyone had bit the bullet and started welding.

http://komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765&highlight=rotisserie

My friend is a master fabricator and he owes me a favor so if anyone has any more design ideas I'd be willing to make him do the work :)

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe, any help / ideas I can offer, just let me know. The design I was working with was just too complex for a home welder like me to get involved in. But I was thinking if there was some form of single rack holder already on the the market, it would be really simple to weld four of them to a single shaft and make the rib rotisserie. If you would like to discuss any details, you are more than welcome to use any of the IM services I list on my profile (as it is much easier to discuss in real time).

-=Jasen=-

My net is acting up so I'll post here......and I have to go to bed.

I told my friend what I wanted and he said he'd take care of it, whatever that means. He's thinking something along the lines of 4 slots, like a toaster, 2 on each side. Rod through the center so it stays balanced and a locking mechanism to hold them in place.

Having said that, I usually have to put an M80 under his @ss before he'll move and do anything so hopefully I'll have it before summer :)

My net is acting up so I'll post here......and I have to go to bed.

I told my friend what I wanted and he said he'd take care of it, whatever that means. He's thinking something along the lines of 4 slots, like a toaster, 2 on each side. Rod through the center so it stays balanced and a locking mechanism to hold them in place.

Having said that, I usually have to put an M80 under his @ss before he'll move and do anything so hopefully I'll have it before summer :)

Ok, that is close to what I was thinking. I was looking at one on each of four sides, but two on two sides makes it easier on the welder. The slot idea is good. I was thinking like an existing fish basket or something that opened and closed, but a slot would be much easier to deal with. You would then only need a couple of small latches to close the ends and hold the ribs. Cool, I will be anxious to see what he comes up with. If I can ever get better so I can get back working in my shop I might experiment with some of it myself.

-=Jasen=-

since ribs can come in all lengths and widths.. the slot idea can work if the rack is secured wit a skewer passing down through several ribs..

I wonder if the rotisserie will add much to the rib experience .

How would you add finishing glaze in stacked rotating rack.. Interesting design problem.. :-)

since ribs can come in all lengths and widths.. the slot idea can work if the rack is secured wit a skewer passing down through several ribs..

I wonder if the rotisserie will add much to the rib experience .

How would you add finishing glaze in stacked rotating rack.. Interesting design problem.. :-)

Good idea with the skewer, but the glaze would not be an issue for me since I don't do that! I believe sauce is a condiment and belongs on the table, not the grill!

-=Jasen=-

I was thinking more like this.. Probably hard to visualize.. Figure a piece of ss hex stock .. Weld about 3 aprox 4" rods bent to about a 30 degree angle to each face down the length of the stock.. making fingers with a closed loop toward the outside.. (stay with me guys).. Then a skewer can go through a couple of ribs just behind the loop of the rods , holding the ribs in the rack.. Voila.. Probably with some thought can be made simpler with less welding in small areas..