DennisLinkletter

Lost my brother in law last weekend ;-(

Last weekend my brother in law was flying his plane to Oregon to watch the eclipse.
One mile from the airport, something went wrong and my sister lost a husband, his kids a father, I lost a brother but the world lost the most extraordinary person I’ve ever known. Mark was simply brilliant, this is evident when you read his list of employers SRI, Darpa, JPL, Google etc.. 
The norm is that people this gifted are usually awkward socially or inept in some way but Mark was as also the most well rounded person you’ve ever met.. He never rubbed it in but I always was very aware he saw the world with much more understanding and clarity then I and other mortals did. I’ve really been struggling with his departure this week, trying to come to terms with my sister and her family’s loss, my loss but I keep feeling like the world really lost a one in a billion guy.. Only silver lining here is that he loved flying and if you have to go too soon, best to be doing what you love.. Here’s to Mark and what he loved.. RIP Mark Rich.. I will really miss your stories and hope to catch up some day in the not so near future..

https://www.almanacnews.com/news/2017/08/21/mark-rich-of-menlo-park-dies-in-plane-crash

Dennis, so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I saw the news of a plane crash in Oregon last week, you never think there may be some thread of connection. I have landed at Madras airport years ago. Mostly a real sleepy airport, but the eclipse was bringing in one every 3 months minutes. Don't know if traffic could have been a role, but that doesn't help your feelings. So all thoughts are with you and your family with wishes for finding that place where the pain subsides and the good memories of your lov d one are foremost,

Best to you...

Last weekend my brother in law was flying his plane to Oregon to watch the eclipse.
One mile from the airport, something went wrong and my sister lost a husband, his kids a father, I lost a brother but the world lost the most extraordinary person I’ve ever known. Mark was simply brilliant, this is evident when you read his list of employers SRI, Darpa, JPL, Google etc.. 
The norm is that people this gifted are usually awkward socially or inept in some way but Mark was as also the most well rounded person you’ve ever met.. He never rubbed it in but I always was very aware he saw the world with much more understanding and clarity then I and other mortals did. I’ve really been struggling with his departure this week, trying to come to terms with my sister and her family’s loss, my loss but I keep feeling like the world really lost a one in a billion guy.. Only silver lining here is that he loved flying and if you have to go too soon, best to be doing what you love.. Here’s to Mark and what he loved.. RIP Mark Rich.. I will really miss your stories and hope to catch up some day in the not so near future..
https://www.almanacnews.com/news/2017/08/21/mark-rich-of-menlo-park-dies-in-plane-crash
Sorry Dennis. Really makes no sense sometimes...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk