tony b

Home Brew Festival

My home brewers' club - the Cedar Rapids Beer Nuts, puts on a home brew festival each year with other clubs in the state. We got a nice video piece on the local news this year. 

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Iowa-beers-on-display-at-Homebrew-Festival-as-craft-gains-popularity-441097363.html

One of the beers I brewed for it was "Purple Crack Wheat" - a blackberry wheat beer with Taz pepperberries. Was pretty popular. 

Cheers! :occasion5:

• Like 1

Great spot !

Now you just need to haul a KK out there and cook up some goodies to go with the brew.

Beer Nuts, thats great lol. Any of you enter your beers for judging or do the Homebrewcon ? I'm still an AHA member but its been a while since I  had time to brew.

21 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

That was a fun watch, Tony. I was looking for you with your Purple Crack but no luck. :( 

I hid well - LOL! But, the Purple Crack was popular. Over 1/2 the keg was consumed in a matter of a couple of hours. 

16 hours ago, ZooBeeQ said:

Great spot !

Now you just need to haul a KK out there and cook up some goodies to go with the brew.

Beer Nuts, thats great lol. Any of you enter your beers for judging or do the Homebrewcon ? I'm still an AHA member but its been a while since I  had time to brew.

One of our Club members has a sausage making business and he catered our event. He does a great job, so no competition from me! 

Yeah, some of our Club members entered the AHA competition - not me. One fellow made it to the finals with his mead. Club went to HomebrewCon in Minneapolis this year and poured on Club night and did a session in the Hospitality area, too. We poured a few years ago in Grand Rapids as well. We're actively talking about making the trek out to Portland for next year's HomebrewCon. I go just about every year, with or without the rest of the Club. It's such a great time and I've made a lot of friends over the years that I only get to see at HomebrewCon. And, let's not forget all the crazy good beers there! :drinkers: