Pequod

Thermoworks Smoke Gateway

Got mine today, but unable to configure it because the Gateway app on iOS crashes on launch. Happens on both my iPad and iPhone, both of which are running the latest version of iOS. Have reported the issue to Thermoworks. They responded immediately saying they've not seen this issue and suggested I delete and reinstall. Had already done so repeatedly. I think I've stumped them. Waiting for a fix...

I received mine today and it took a quite some time for me to get both the phone and tablet working. My problem now is that I have two different wifi systems and I want the gateway to work on both. A job for tomorrow but at the moment I am optimistic it can be done. If not I will contact Thermoworks and I'm sure that will solve it. I bought the case but not totally happy with that, things are really packed in and no good space for the USB adapter. Even is their pix on the web site doesn't not have the adapter and its cord in the case. 

One thing for sure, Pequod, Thermoworks will fix things. :) 

Edited by MacKenzie

And now a fix has been issued. Somehow the account I created on setup needed some sort of "fixing," but Thermoworks was super responsive. Everything works now! Can't wait to use it on a real Cook soon. 

I got the case and was also a bit disappointed. Not quite as roomy as I'd hoped.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JDBBQ said:

Does the Gateway connect to your wifi wirelessly or do you have to connect to the router?

Thanks

All wireless. It connects to your Smoke via its short range (300') wireless protocol, and also wirelessly connects to your router at 2.4 GHz, bridging your Smoke to the internet so that you can monitor it by app on your phone from anywhere. 

• Like 1

All wireless. It connects to your Smoke via its short range (300') wireless protocol, and also wirelessly connects to your router at 2.4 GHz, bridging your Smoke to the internet so that you can monitor it by app on your phone from anywhere. 
Does it work better on 5GHz I just use my thermopen these days have an understanding off how long certin meats take to cook

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

25 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Does it work better on 5GHz I just use my thermopen these days have an understanding off how long certin meats take to cook

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

From what I've read, 2.4 GHz is the only option. It simply needs to be within 300' of the Smoke and able to connect to the router. 

You know how it is, get a new toy and find any excuse to use it. I used it on the pasta casserole today for the first time. It was great being at the far end of the house and still able to keep track of the KK temp. 

The tablet screen normally looks like this if you overshoot the temp. It turns red, can't miss it even if you the alarm muted-

59a9d594172a1_TempOerShot.thumb.jpg.ca50bf0a4d2a050f9a11b598d6781a4f.jpg

Changed the max and back to yellow. :) 

59a9d592573c7_NormalColour.thumb.jpg.9d962ec58c96af011732df25ccf6c540.jpg