ckreef

Shrimp Teriyaki Hibachi Style

I recently got a new grill. A 2 burner, table top griddle. Perfectly sized for 2 people. I've played with it a few times. 

I love griddle cooking. I have been doing them on my KK's since day one. I actually own a different sized CI griddle perfectly fit for both my KK's. When I saw this 2 burner table top griddle I just had to have it. It's just easier and faster for a griddle cook than using CI in a kamado and the results are the Same. 

Anywho the griddle and  tonight's dinner. 

TTGa.thumb.jpg.d9808d7924bca2a10289cc81027b8465.jpg

TSHSa.thumb.jpg.6ef3ea825c4cd0d5f43c81c9e4761071.jpg

TSHSb.thumb.jpg.95332134f72e9391ea1df1923fc35cc4.jpg

TSHSc.thumb.jpg.1675d17124455f3c49666ab83b435810.jpg

TSHSd.thumb.jpg.2030b0e685e0c626d7f92538db29910b.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Dinner looks awesome. :) :smt023:smt023

What is the make of the griddle? 

It's a Triton griddle. I think that's an Academy Sports house brand? Academy Sports is a great general sports and outdoor store  mainly in the SE USA if I'm not mistaken. They have a fairly large grilling section. 

Blackstone makes a similarly sized table top griddle but it's only a single middle burner. 

On 9/7/2017 at 0:50 PM, tony b said:

Not exactly the same as trying to do "Black & Tans." Most sake bombs are made with Sapporo or other Japanese lagers. 

Yeah- we were making proper sale bombs until we ran out of the right kind of beer but still had sake. Necessity is the mother of invention!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Looks good .I agree no difference using the KK or this much quicker .stay safe mate hope Irma does not make it to Georgia

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Irma is coming directly for us. Fortunately we are far enough North that it'll only be a tropical storm by the time it reaches the Bistro. 

I have 5 or 6 bags of charcoal and 1 1/2 tanks of propane. I can cook for awhile even if we loose electricity.

Might try and buy a bunch of ice to fill the 5 day cooler. That way if we loose electricity for a few days we won't be forced to cook the entire freezer at one time. 

• Like 1

Irma is coming directly for us. Fortunately we are far enough North that it'll only be a tropical storm by the time it reaches the Bistro. 
I have 5 or 6 bags of charcoal and 1 1/2 tanks of propane. I can cook for awhile even if we loose electricity.
Might try and buy a bunch of ice to fill the 5 day cooler. That way if we loose electricity for a few days we won't be forced to cook the entire freezer at one time. 

Sweet

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

59bd679a164b5_ChickenTeriyaki.thumb.jpeg.206dcff85e9ed4d349b618b1cf2616ad.jpeg59bd67cd2235b_TeriyakiSauce.thumb.jpg.e55d19a25cb659607bd85822e893f8cd.jpg

Looks great.

Here's a plug for Mastering the Art of Japanese Home Cooking by Masaharu Morimoto. For the most part easy authentic, with noted improvisations one can use as models. His teriyaki sauce is good bang-for-buck to make fresh. One could swap in a more interesting sugar, or add homemade Sicilian tomato paste, or a bit of good fish sauce, to vary the flavor.

For chicken teriyaki, he fries the chicken bits golden, adds bits of sauce along with a bit of cornstarch/water slurry, in a few stages. I'm finding this sort of thing a very quick dinner, working alone away at my Manhattan apartment.

• Like 5