DiveandGrill

Help Please- need more info on how to set up rotisserie-

Need help with setup- just got in motor, have large cradle and small spit- nothing fits in new 23"! Instructions do not match inside fittings- has there been a change in how spit contacts left and right sides. None of the adaptors or accessory rods seems to fit. If anyone has insight on how to make these pieces work, would be most appreciated- Thanks

Spit.jpg

Thanks for the comments-

Well, finally figured it out- issue was the left side spring load on the grill was stuck. So I also figured out what my PhD in engineering stands for- Push Harder and Deeper!

Ordered a OneGrill 50 lb motor- only one issue with the new bracket- the 6 to 4 side rod that connects motor to bushing in the grill side to turn the rotisserie needs to be cut off about 5/8". Easily done with hack saw and fits perfectly- see pic.

Also, Brian at OneGrill is especially helpful- obviously wants to help his customers- highly recommend!

Thanks, Barry

OneGrillmotor.jpg

I think that most of us have ended up making adjustments to the various connections on the basket, motor, and rods. My Dremel paid for itself just in getting all my rotisserie parts to work. Yeah, the folks at OneGrill are great. Walked me through the process to reverse the rotation on the motor so the threaded connections didn't work themselves loose during cooks - talk about frustrating!!! :smt017

7 minutes ago, tony b said:

I think that most of us have ended up making adjustments to the various connections on the basket, motor, and rods. My Dremel paid for itself just in getting all my rotisserie parts to work. Yeah, the folks at OneGrill are great. Walked me through the process to reverse the rotation on the motor so the threaded connections didn't work themselves loose during cooks - talk about frustrating!!! :smt017

The new cradles have a socket and pin-clip connection so motor direction is irrelevant. 

Hello,

Been using my KK for about a year now and absolutely love it. I have read countless questions regarding the shaft to the Rotisserie motor being too long or too short and people cutting it down to fit. I had the same problem in that my Rotisserie shaft was too long and solved the problem by simply buying stainless steel washers (same size as came with the KK) plus l bought 3 of the same stainless steel hex bolts that were half an inch longer than the 1 inch ones that came with the KK

You need the longer bolts so there is sufficient threads on the bolt to engage the threads in the KK bolt holes after you add the washers otherwise the bolt's threads may strip when you tighten them down.

Both of these items I found on Amazon.

Washers:  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000BD5HEA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bolts:       https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07D5W7QH2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the washers and bolts to lengthen the distance the motor bracket sits out from the KK. Simply place the washers on the 3 bolts between the motor bracket and your KK and adjust accordingly.

By utilizing this method you can adjust the length the motor bracket sits out from the KK without cutting down the shaft plus this allows you to adjust for any Rotisserie motor you use in the future if not the original motor that came with the KK.WIN_20220112_13_19_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.6491c43e6cec4ff09483b8dce3c0e42f.jpg

I hope this post is helpful.

• Like 4