Aussie Ora

Ckreef need a favor mate

My sister actually came up from FL and arrived last night. Unfortunately it was such a last minute decision she didn't have time to do anything other than pack some clothes and leave. Normally it's an 8 hour drive. Took her 14 1/2 hours. Good decision on her part as the eye over the storm shifted and will probably pass directly over her house. 

Wish there was time to plan because I would have definitely gotten her to grab a couple of bottles. 

I actually have a box with some homemade jams ready to send you. I think I need to wait awhile - LOL 

• Like 1

My sister actually came up from FL and arrived last night. Unfortunately it was such a last minute decision she didn't have time to do anything other than pack some clothes and leave. Normally it's an 8 hour drive. Took her 14 1/2 hours. Good decision on her part as the eye over the storm shifted and will probably pass directly over her house. 
Wish there was time to plan because I would have definitely gotten her to grab a couple of bottles. 
I actually have a box with some homemade jams ready to send you. I think I need to wait awhile - LOL 

Was only joking glad your sister is safe .I have managed to get some goodies for you but think we might have to wait it's only fair

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

My sister, brother-in-law, 4 German Sheppards and some type of terrier invaded the house about 8:30 pm last. The only dogs I allow to visit the house is my sister's. They have all been to obedience school and know how to listen and behave. 

After today I should have the next 4 days off to cook some good food. If I can find a decent Boston butt on the way home from work tonight I'll smoke  that up tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Seems like everyone in FL is in the cross-hairs of this one, as it's so big!

While I have a number of folks in FL that I'm worried about, I'm mostly concerned about my friends in Orlando, as they have a really big oak tree in their front yard that overhangs the house! Fortunately, they aren't staying there, but with relatives in the area. 

With all the news on the hurricanes, I did see a couple of good tips that might come in handy.

First, you can turn your washing machine into a makeshift ice box by filling it with ice and putting your food/beverages in there. Since the washer is designed to have water in it, the melting ice will drain out and won’t be a problem, and the double walled construction makes for decent insulation (provided you don’t open the lid too often.)

The other one is to put valuable papers and other things into a garbage bag and put them inside the dishwasher. Because it’s water tight, your papers will be safe in there from any water damage.

Keep safe!

• Like 2

TY everyone for the tips. Although it is heading for me it'll only be a tropical storm when it gets here. Lots of rain. I do expect to loose power for a day or two. I have a extra large 5 day cooler packed full of ice so I can unload my freezer/refrigerator into it if need be. I also have a bunch of water stored up for flushing toilets. 

My sister is definitely worried about her house. They also have a really nice motor home that was having issues starting so they had to leave it behind. She's guessing that will get wiped out as it's sitting under a bunch of trees. 

On the bright side as soon as the KK finishes coming to temperature a Boston butt is going on. Using the 16" for that so I can cook a pan pizza on the 19" for lunch. Going to do the butt at 275* so hopefully it'll be done for dinner.