Shuley

Avoiding heartburn cook

So sad but I have been having so many issues with heartburn that are only getting worse despite medications and all the testing. I do have a hiatal (sp?) hernia so that's probably to blame. Anyway I asked what a good game day option would be that didn't cause heartburn and someone mentioned kabobs!  I thought that sounded great. That along with the homemade sourdough bread I've been making. Served over some sushi rice. So nice and I got to sleep as well!!!IMG_1889.thumb.JPG.a9ba2bccebb877026a7df9d61b6af744.JPGIMG_1891.thumb.JPG.bf48c2dd740acd5abd41ff50984dad4d.JPGIMG_1893.thumb.JPG.8763912d63447d95b71948e7477cafbe.JPG

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about your gastric issues, as I used to have chronic heartburn. Believe it or not, the unexpected solution to my heartburn problem at night was my CPAP for my sleep apnea. Seems like the positive pressure on my windpipe also pushed down on my gastric valve and no more heartburn. Talk about killing 2 birds with 1 stone! 

Also, liked that you separated the veggies from the shrimp on the kebabs - nice technique!