LeadDog

Someone requested photos

Here is what I was going to do for my first cook but even for a 2nd cook it isn't bad. :) This is Persimmon Bread and it disappears around here about as fast as you can pull it out of the oven or cooker in this case.

PC080498.JPG

For recipes I just Googled Persimmon Bread Recipes. Then just start trying different things in your batches. One of these times I'm going to put some orange peel into the recipe.

I cooked this one a little bit hotter than I had planned. I got the cooker up to 325 just like last night and thought with the lower draft door pushed in it wouldn't go any higher. I came back to put the bread pan in and the cooker was at 400 so I started closing vents down top and bottom. The cooker dropped to 375° and stayed there for the whole hour of the cook. The top was just cracked open so I could feel the heat and the bottom was at about a 1/4 open. I could smell the chicken from last night as I was cooking the bread. The bread ended up without any smoke or chicken flavor aroma to it at all. I think that our electric bill will go down some now since for me charcoal is so cheap.