Keith B

Bacon wrapped, stuffed pork tenderloin

Last night my wife wanted pork tenderloin.  I decided to butterfly it and spread cream cheese on the inside followed by some powdered ranch dressing, thyme, basil, salt, purple crack and roasted garlic (I saw this on a website somewhere and thought it sounded good. On the Guru maybe). I rolled it up then laid out bacon strips on the butchers twine and tied it up.  I put some butter pecan rub on the outside then into the KK at 350 degrees with a chunk of pecan and hickory.  I pulled it at 145 degrees.  It turned out amazing!!  

20170927_172345.jpg

20170927_191044.jpg

20170927_192208.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tony b said:

Nice!

Tony, I undertook an ambitious brew day this past Friday. I brewed three beers in one day. The first was a breakfast stout that ended up at 1.081 sg. The second was an imperial bourbon vanilla porter that ended up at 1.076 sg and the last was a gose that I mashed and boiled then left in the boil kettle to sour with a pitch of lactobacillus. I boiled and added hops, salt and coriander on Sunday.  Each batch was twelve gallons into the fermenter. So 36 gallons brewed. I started at 9:00am and sealed the kettle of gose at 6:00pm. Long freaking day!

Dude, that's just stupid crazy brewing!!! :hail:

Made my 1st Gose this year. Did a kettle sour. Came out phenomenal!! Took it to NHC to pour at Happy Hour and Club Night. Got lots of compliments. On the "to brew" list again!!

I'm in the middle making another batch of Purple Crack beer. The first one was a Blackberry Wheat with the Taz Pepperberries. This one is a Blueberry Wheat with the Taz Pepperberries. We'll see - fingers crossed. 

On 9/28/2017 at 7:06 PM, Keith B said:

Hmm, I am anxious to hear how it turns out. I might need to get that recipe from you! ;-)

Added in 2.5 lbs of frozen blueberries & 1.5 oz of Taz pepper berries. Checked the final gravity after fermentation - ABV = 6.5%. Sample tasted spicy - even before adding the fruit & pepper berries. Will let it sit on the berries until the end of the week, then keg it. 

Left them whole. I had soaked them and the blueberries for a couple of hours in sulfite first (2 campden tabs in a gallon of water) to ward off any "wee beasties." I'll check the flavor mid-week and if it's not coming along, I might mash them at that time. 

Yeah, it's a pretty intense spice. Rather than crush them this time, I upped the amount by 0.5 oz from the first batch. As I said, the wheat beer started out "spicy" so we'll see on the back end how it ends up?  This is for a charity dinner in 3 weeks, so I'm a tad nervous about it. 

Crazy amount of beer, but winter is coming, so time to stock up on big brews!

Batch #2 of the Purple Crack Wheat came out better than the 1st one - blueberry seems to work better AND the beer is pinkish purple, which shocks folks when I pour it. Down to the dregs on most of my beers. Expect to blow kegs of Oktoberfest and Belgian Trippel at "Learn to Brew Day" on Saturday. Probably won't blow the keg of Purple Crack though. We'll see how much is left after the weekend. 

Need to get busy myself and brew some new stuff. Had been thinking about a milk stout with cocoa nibs and coffee, but my order of cocoa nibs didn't go through (out of stock & discontinued), so looking for a new source of high quality nibs.