Tyrus

The KK's new house

Winter's coming and I wanted no issues with snow, ice and temp changes raining down on my investment. Made with poplar, a hard wood that takes paint well and I just happened to have a couple thousand board feet of it, so it was an easy decision. Cedar shingled roof and it has removable shelves if you wish to use it for storage. It will hold everything the KK came with and all my other grates and things that my other Kamados have and it wheels around quite easily. I had no need for a door but, I suppose you could hang a rod for a curtain or I was thinking of a small detachable shed roof you could hang on with brackets. So there it is, nothing fancy but, an alternative to a cover and another way to protect your KK. 

DSCF1603.JPG

DSCF1602.JPG

DSCF1608.JPG

DSCF1606.JPG

DSCF1610.JPG

DSCF1605.JPG

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Well isn't that neat. :) 

You could do this for a front door, I just unbuckle mine, roll it up and tie it. I have these over the windows in my ODK.

Shade.thumb.jpg.331387636a56c1b19bffee113b022823.jpg

Thanks. Actually I covered the weather sides and the front is under the addition and away from the weather. I do like your setup, some sewing,grommets and those quick release fastners are well thought out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

I think you're the 1st person that's built a special enclosure just for storing their KK. 

I'm retired. Give me an idea and I'll give it a go. Next project down the line is a Dennis cabinet, but that'll require a trip to a specialty lumber yard and I know it's not cheap just for the lumber. This project cost under a $100