Shuley

Why Californians love tri tip

On the guru, a few people were asking what is so great about tri tip. Not only can it be delicious but.... this happened this weekend  IMG_2155.thumb.JPG.df11e6ea74705bb647c490b222f1f1a3.JPGIMG_2156.thumb.JPG.2d918d87f256686dce099839c907720c.JPGIMG_2125.thumb.JPG.5ab9de893fa842226a1634fb7e50066e.JPG

with a 10% off coupon I was spending $1.80 per lb for tri tip. I got 10 of them for under $80 (I also picked up milk). I trimmed, seasoned, and vacuum sealed them individually so I know we will be enjoying these for a long while to come. At first it was taking me a while to trim these, by the 10th one it was only taking me a couple of minutes to trim them. I don't think I'll ever get that much practice again!

• Like 2

Awesome deal!!  Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts of beef and it gets a premium price here in VA.  My butcher charges $14.99 a pound for choice tri-tip.  I order mine online from Harterhousemeats.com.  They have 36oz tri-tips for $19.99ea.  I usually order 5 at a time to qualify for free shipping.  The quality has always been great.  Still not as cheap as yours (I am jealous).  We have tri-tip almost once a week.

12 hours ago, Keith B said:

Awesome deal!!  Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts of beef and it gets a premium price here in VA.  My butcher charges $14.99 a pound for choice tri-tip.  I order mine online from Harterhousemeats.com.  They have 36oz tri-tips for $19.99ea.  I usually order 5 at a time to qualify for free shipping.  The quality has always been great.  Still not as cheap as yours (I am jealous).  We have tri-tip almost once a week.

These aren't the top quality tri tips you might be getting.  The interesting thing was to see the difference in quality of tri tips in the same case!